News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

HELP with phpBB3!

Started by Lori A., October 14, 2008, 10:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori A.

Ok, I have with little problem uploaded and converted over the phpBB3 to SMF.  Now the problem is, it didn't recognize the three "admins/mods" we had on phpBB3 so it is like I am a regular member.  So no one can get into the admin part!  HELP.... How do I get in to set up the mods/admins?

Thanks, Lori

Lori A.

Quote from: TE on October 15, 2008, 01:56:07 AM
I lost admin account, what can I do? should help you..
Thank you very much, however, I am not 'schooled' enough in phpMyAdmin to understand it.....any other help topics or exactly how to do this help??

Thanks again Lori

ThorstenE

you only need to execute one query:

UPDATE smf_members SET ID_GROUP=1 WHERE memberName ='Admin';
in this code change smf_ (if needed) to your table-prefix and Admin to your older Admins username..

Look at the attached screenshot
1) check your table prefix .. all tables in my installation start with smf_ so the prefix is smf_
2) click on the sql tab
3) paste the code in and change Admin to your username
4) execute it

That's it ..

Lori A.

Ok, after playing around and making it work once, I now am planing on making it an offical role out of the SMF from PHPBB3!  However, I now can't seem to convert it correctly.  I have messed up the original site twice but now I can't seem to make it work.  Here is what it keeps telling me.

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyPHP Forum 3.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Table 'kidokwan_kidokwan.member' doesn't exist
And then this is at the top
QuoteNotice: Undefined variable: tablepre in /home/kidokwan/public_html/forum/convert.php(407) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any help please??? 

Thanks Lori

ThorstenE

Sounds like the script was killed by the server or one of the files (Convert.php or phpbb3_to_smf.swl) is corrupt.. please re-download both and replace the files on your server.

Advertisement: