News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TweetThis

Started by tinoest, August 31, 2011, 03:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinoest

Link to Mod

This modification will display the twitter tweet button in your posts.

Instructions for use with the default theme.

SMF 1.1.x :

Admin -> Current Theme -> Tick Check Box Detailing Twitter Tweet Icon

SMF 2.x :

Admin -> Configuration Settings -> Misc -> Modification Settings.

Changelog:

v 1.1 : Fixed bug in SMF 1.1.x display template description
v 1.0 : Initial Release

Kimmie

lexxie

Using 1.1.14. Babylon Theme. Went to Admin-->Current Theme.

There is no tickbox in this area to enable this mod.

Please advise how to get this to work.

apieandpint

Found my tick boxes in Admin -> Configuration -> Misc'

antoniosaucedo

Looks fine, but the counter of tweets doesn't work.  :-\

pols1337

Hi,

I recently updated and installed  the TweetThis modification to my SMF 2.0.2.  Unfortunately, I had to move my forum from universeofmen.com/forum/  to its current location of universeofmen.com.  Because of this, I tried to reinstall TweetThis, which worked ... except that it now shows up two "Tweet" buttons.  See attached.

Please advise.  I've attached index.template.php for my theme Astonished, core theme, and default theme.  If you could remove any instances of "TweetThis," then I can do a clean install.

pols1337

Hi,

I recently updated and installed  the TweetThis modification to my SMF 2.0.2.  Unfortunately, I had to move my forum from universeofmen.com/forum/  to its current location of universeofmen.com.  Because of this, I tried to reinstall TweetThis, which worked ... except that it now shows up two "Tweet" buttons.  See attached.

Please advise.  I've attached index.template.php for my theme Astonished, core theme, and default theme.  If you could remove any instances of "TweetThis," then I can do a clean install.

pols1337

Here's a photo of the double tweets

hcfwesker

Quote from: pols1337 on January 23, 2012, 10:11:44 PM
Hi,

Has nothing to do with the index.template.php file.  It's going to be the Display.template.php in each theme.

Find & Remove ONE of these listed.  ( you'll see you have 2 of the same listed. ;) )
// Show Twitter Tweet Button
if (!empty($modSettings['display_twitter_tweet'])) {
if ($message['id'] == $context['topic_first_message'] || !empty($modSettings['display_twitter_tweet_all'])) {
echo '<a href="http://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="horizontal">', $txt['tweet_this'], '</a><script type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script>';
}
}

pols1337

You.  Are.  Amazing. 

Thank you so much for providing support.  Resolved. 

Babyfacemagee

Installs on SMF 2.02 but even though the twitter button appears on posts, the # reflects tweets of the entire page, not tweets of that post.  Seems to be a bug.

Gryzor

Hello! Does this add the Tweet button in every post, or just the first one?

Thanks! :)

DAVID. D.A

tweets posts, but counter not working. Zero always, how to fix?

Ninja ZX-10RR

ine 336, Column 428: there is no attribute "data-count"
...ass="twitter-share-button" data-count="horizontal">Tweet</a><script type="text...

XHTML validation fails, too. This mod is rather unsupported, someone please mark it as such.

The obvious fix would be to open /Themes/default(or whatever theme you are using)/Display.template.php and remove the " data-count="horizontal" " bit.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

CiTyBlUe

Anyone able to update this please for SMF 2.0.11?

Button not showing up and I've ticked/saved setting to show. Installation went fine with no errors.

Advertisement: