News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Generic Avatars

Started by Deprecated, November 06, 2008, 12:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finny

I am having the same problem with the mod-settings error on install. So I did not install it.

Let me know how you fix this.

I'm running 1.1.7.
SMF 1.1.12 MKPortal C1.2 rc1

Deprecated

Guitarplayer and Finny, I've revised this mod package and I think it will fix your installation problems. Try the latest version:

Link to Mod

Please let me know how it works for you. :)

Finny

Still getting error on ./Sources/ModSettings.php failed.

The mod packages I have installed are:

Mod Name Version 
1. SMFChess 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Sarcasmics smiley set 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Your Button 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. Profile_Visitors 3.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. New In Topic View 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. PDF Tag 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. Automatic_Karma 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
8. No More Ugly Avatar Scrollbars 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
9. Global Headers Footers 1.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
10. Sorted Package Manager Listing 0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
11. SMF 1.0.14 / 1.1.6 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
12. Page View Counter 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
13. Colorize Boards 3.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
14. SMF 1.0.14 / 1.1.6 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
15. Member Awards 1.0.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
16. Award Mod 1.11   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
17. Avatar Under Membergroups Rank 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
18. SMF Sitemap 1.2.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
19. Karma Applaud Only 1.0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
20. Enhanced Forum Statistics 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
21. SMF 1.0.14 / 1.1.6 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
22. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.17   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
23. SMF Arcade 2.0.15   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
24. MCLegendII.2 2.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
25. Copy Topics 1.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
26. Custom Board Sort 1.0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
27. Streaming 3 4.2.2b   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
28. Remove Post Modified Time 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
29. TopicLog 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
30. audiblepm 1.5 1.5   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
31. Registration - Show Gender mod 1.0.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
32. Auto Embed Video/Audio Clips 4.0.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
33. Change_Poster_Of_Topic_And_Message 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
34. Advanced Recent-Posts 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
35. NextPostLevel 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

Thanks.

Deprecated

Quote from: Finny on November 14, 2008, 06:19:42 PM
Still getting error on ./Sources/ModSettings.php failed.

Please attach the file to your next reply. :)

Finny

Deprecated

Okay Finny, I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I was evacuated a few days on account of the L.A. fires and it's taking me a bit longer to catch up with my support topics.

The good news is that I fixed your problem. Even better, I fixed a lot of problems that won't happen to others in the future too. I invented a new way to add a few of my changes that won't get interfered with by other mod packages. (This affects SMF 1.x only.)

Please download the new version and let me know if it fixes things for you. I'm so sure it will work that I'd bet you beers to six-packs! :D

Link to Mod

Finny

Wow!

It installed just fine and works like a charm!

You are the best.

What a nice feature!

Great going!

Thanks!!!!

Deprecated

I'm glad it worked for you Finny! You're welcome!

AlenNS

Is it possible to make connection with reflection avatar mod?

lobo777

Oddly enough, everything appeared to install correctly on my theme (not a default), but when I go to features and options, it has a small blank tab- when clicked on, it has some blank fields and checkmarks but no writing?  I'm using 1.1.7

AlenNS

Quote from: AlenNS on November 19, 2008, 09:15:53 AM
Bump.

Deprecated

Quote from: AlenNS on November 19, 2008, 09:15:53 AM

No. It is not. Sorry.

AlenNS

Deprecated

Quote from: lobo777 on November 22, 2008, 02:04:05 PM
Oddly enough, everything appeared to install correctly on my theme (not a default), but when I go to features and options, it has a small blank tab- when clicked on, it has some blank fields and checkmarks but no writing?  I'm using 1.1.7

You will have to edit your theme to get this mod (and most other mods) to work correctly. I haven't done themes yet so I have no idea where to start.

One possible exception is if you're using a language other than English or English-UTF8. Please let me know if this is the case. I've been adding British and British-UTF8 to all my mods, but haven't reached Generic Avatars yet.

And Alen, you're welcome. I'm sorry I couldn't help you. My understanding of the reflection thing is that it would require extensive changes to make my mod work with it, or vice versa.

lobo777

Quote from: Deprecated on November 22, 2008, 04:05:55 PM
You will have to edit your theme to get this mod (and most other mods) to work correctly. I haven't done themes yet so I have no idea where to start.

One possible exception is if you're using a language other than English or English-UTF8. Please let me know if this is the case. I've been adding British and British-UTF8 to all my mods, but haven't reached Generic Avatars yet.

I am using English-Utf8 so it shouldn't be that I would think,  but what exactly am I supposed to change in my theme - maybe just the modifications (english and e-utf8) file in the theme directory?

Deprecated

I have noooooo idea. I haven't done themes yet so I have no idea where to start.

I suggest that you should post a support request in one of the theme boards. I'm planning to learn themes in the near future but I have not started yet.

lobo777

K - no worries, it works great other than the menu in the Admin-->Features and Ops section!  Cool mod - much appreciated.  I might suggest the ability to modify the size of the avatars or just making them the size of the normal ones (they're several times larger than the provided ones on default.... that would be awesome!

Deprecated

The avatars supplied with the package are just suggestions, provided so that people who want to use it can have something that works right away. Although I like them myself. :)

It would be difficult to provide avatars for every size preference, although I'll give some thought to adding some alternate sizes.

1.) What size(s) would you suggest?

2.) You could of course just resize them yourself. If you don't have an image editing program I suggest GIMP, the GNU Image Editing Program (open source and free, just like SMF). Admittedly it isn't the easiest program to use, but the price is right! :)

lobo777

I think the normal size that most uploaded ones are something like 65x48 - just provides perhaps a little less clutter. 

I did just resize them to 65x65 and they look awesome!  Perfect size (for my forum needs) and very classy looking  - thanks again!

Deprecated

That's great! My policy is that whatever makes "my public" happy is fine! :)

I think I may add a two-thirds size version to the site. The current ones are 100x100 so the two-thirds would be 67x67... would that be a good size?

One real problem is that as far as I've seen almost every forum decides to use a non-default size, even mine!

Advertisement: