News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.7 Released

Started by Compuart, November 07, 2008, 04:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

*EmirCan

Quote from: *EmirCan on November 07, 2008, 05:15:50 PM
New version is related warning is not in Admin Panel
and there is bug at 1.1.6 version i hope so this version will not end in failure

Aslanlarımı Düşman Olarak Görüyorsam. İftaar etsinler.
Cevap vermemek muhattapa almamak degildir Cevap vermemek Cevap verdiginde Gelecek Cevapdan Korkmaktır.

[/b]

Sonunda  : lllllllllllllllllllllll%100 !

TosTos

Very good. Thank you developers for your efforts.

MultiformeIngegno

RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

vladimir - sv

This security issue is big enough to take the risk of getting some package broken after upgrading?.

Thanks in advance for your effort.

shadow82x

Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Bob Marley

Installed and running! Thx !!!!   

yenidagci

Thanks SMF. Lots of luck in your Simple Machines Forum Superr
I'm SMF ci  :)

Tasarım aşamasındaym..

Ben_S

Quote from: vladimir - sv on November 07, 2008, 05:58:38 PMThis security issue is big enough to take the risk of getting some package broken after upgrading?.

You would be very very stupid indeed not to install this update, it's a simple few click proceedure. Install it now if you haven't already.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

yenidagci

smf is the first in the forum systemss  ;)

I love you SMF
I'm SMF ci  :)

Tasarım aşamasındaym..

palofdru

Quote from: vladimir - sv on November 07, 2008, 05:58:38 PM
This security issue is big enough to take the risk of getting some package broken after upgrading?.

Thanks in advance for your effort.

There is a 'zeroday exploit' out for SMF 1.16and below.

It is not a 'driveby' exploit and requires an authenticated user, but that takes a few minutes (unless you have moderated/approved signups)

You MUST upgrade
My best suggestion to you is that you do whatever you feel like doing, for whatever reason you choose to make, without any required explanation nor justification. You probably will, so hop to it!

boo hoo!

H

Thanks to the devs who worked hard to get this released promptly! :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Deaks

yeh folks please upgrade we cannot emphasise it enough :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

HistoryHunter

Quote from: Ben_S on November 07, 2008, 06:10:30 PM
Quote from: vladimir - sv on November 07, 2008, 05:58:38 PMThis security issue is big enough to take the risk of getting some package broken after upgrading?.

You would be very very stupid indeed not to install this update, it's a simple few click proceedure. Install it now if you haven't already.
That does not address the issue of mods - I have *dozens* and TinyPortal.

RustyBarnacle

I have some heavily modded sites as well, including various versions of TP and there were no immediate conflicts.

You will probly lose some uninstall links but those aren't too hard to put back on later.

cyberdiver

Thanks for the yery good job. Good Work.

Just a very unimportant thing:
The file Sources/Help.php has Version "1.1" in line 8 instead of 1.1.7, so the detailed verification of the version number fails (is red), if you use "/index.php?action=detailedversion"

pariofdreamz

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in this world as IMPOSSIBLE itself says I M POSSIBLE

Alana

Didn't work for me at all I got this when I tried to use it

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at hxxp:www.creativeshoptalk.com [nonactive] Port 80

gemigene

Thanks for the security fix.

Can I simply overwrite the changed files via FTP? Also, why is the Packages folder empty? Does it need to be uploaded also?

Cheers,
Gene
"Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven"

Advertisement: