News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Track User permission

Started by Enira, November 09, 2008, 08:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enira

I would like my moderators to have the ability to 'Track Users' so that they can spot double accounts and can act upon finding those.

I have found the 'Moderate Members' permission in the Permission tab. But this permission has some undesired effects. The moderators are granted access to the Administrator center, they can add censors and they can register new users.

How can I solve this so they only have the permissions track users? (I am using SMF 2.0 Beta by the way)

Sincerely

Rumbaar

I don't think it's possible, that permissions is one that does (as you've found) open the permissions to them.  This is because to track a user there is so many secure areas needed to do so and functionality is linked when at that level of access.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

FlashCircle

I was actually having the same problem on a certain forum. The administrator wanted to allow us moderators to see IP addresses. It really was annoying, because we have a lot of members with 0 posts, that are possibly from the same user, and the admin doesn't have the time to deal with it.

Rumbaar

There is ways to get it to display in post, and I think I've been involved in a few threads on that so a search might help.

But gaining access to IP's in other area's and via profile will require a lot of manual code edits to bypass the normal admin permissions check.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: