URL\'s on site has gone crazy [solved]

Started by summary, November 09, 2008, 10:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

summary

Running 2.0 4 Beta

I am still in mode of getting the site together so no one can get on.

Here's my problem:

I installed the forum right into my main index (homepage)
Then I installed simpleportal (no problems so far)
After logging out and logging back in, I noticed that it was bringing me right to the forum instead of home. ( now I remember from running 1.1.6, I did the same thing and I had no problems as the simpleportal took over as my home page)
I installed the redirect mod and it worked a few times and then it was started taking me back to the forum again
I went into the server settings and noticed the URL to the forum was set as my homepage, so I changed it to the URL of the forum AND THATS WHERE THINGS GOT WORSE lol
Every button on the site (home, profile, help, logout, search, admun, etc) when clicked, takes me to the forum LOL
Somehow, everything that linked on the site just goes to the forum page

I dont know what to do now. I tried to change the setting on the Forum URL back, but it wont take

Help!!

Thanks,

John

Deprecated

Try uploading repair_settings.php to your site, and use that to fix your forum URL back to the correct value. You can find repair_settings.php by clicking Download at the top of this page, then select Tools.

Then come back and repost and maybe somebody that knows SP can help you get your forum/home thing fixed.

summary

Thanks Deprecated

I installed the repair and got the site back to speed. but the same things are happening with me being directed to the forum after I log in. 

Thanks again,

John

Deprecated

So I understand that your forum isn't all crazy anymore, but you still have the original problem, right? (Please verify.)

I'll go see if I can round up a Simple Portal expert to help you with that. :)

summary

The problem I have is when I log in and it brings me to the forum instead of the frontpage where the SimplePortal is installed

I dont know if it is because the forum was uploaded and installed in the main index but like I said, I did the same thing running 1.1.6 and everything was fine.

Thanks for the help

John

Deprecated

It might be a good idea to ask your question over at the Simple Portal site.

summary

I have a question posted there. I read something about a bug in there and this is happening but it doesnt go into detail.

Thanks again,

John

Deprecated

The SP team seems to be taking a day off. :) I tried finding them on their IRC channel and nobody answers...

summary

I found out what happened. I was in Maintainence Mode when I was adding things and for some reason, it was screwing up. I took it off of Maintainence Mode and everything works just fine.

Thanks for your help

John

Deprecated

Advertisement: