News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Classic Theme - topic Width

Started by ostenfeldt, November 12, 2008, 11:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ostenfeldt

After searching around without any luck.... I'll ask for your help

Where can I adjust the width on the "write topic" part?

See picture attached

Bulakbol

This is for Beta 4.  Open Sources/Subs-Editor.php and look for

'width' => isset($editorOptions['width']) ? $editorOptions['width'] : '70%',
'height' => isset($editorOptions['height']) ? $editorOptions['height'] : '150px',

Change the "70%". You can change the height too.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

ostenfeldt

Thanks.... and sorry... I should have informed you that I'm running a 1.1.7 board  :-[

Bulakbol

Not too sure but you can try. Default/Post.template.php, find
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" width="100%">';
and change the "100%" width.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

ostenfeldt

There is a lot of table tags in post.template.php, and I've tried to changes all of them (ones at the time), but no one seams to control the allover width....

Bulakbol

There is only one existence of the line I posted.  Classic theme has it's own Post.template.php so maybe you edited the wrong file.

ostenfeldt

Sorry but it didn't do the job..... the width is still the same  :(

Bulakbol

Try editing style.css. Find ".editor" rule and change the value of "width".

ostenfeldt

This is not easy to solve....... the .editor width just change the width on the text box

Bulakbol

Quote from: ostenfeldt on November 12, 2008, 11:39:24 AM

See picture attached

Isn't this what you asked for?

ostenfeldt

Quote from: JohnyB on November 23, 2008, 11:18:46 PM
Quote from: ostenfeldt on November 12, 2008, 11:39:24 AM

See picture attached

Isn't this what you asked for?
No... maybe my question isn't clear enough.... But I just want my forum width to be 600px no matter where I am in the forum..... And that's not a problem in the header and footer, but in the middle section I can't control the width (as you can see on the attached pictures)

I want my forum to be a fixed width, no matter where

Bulakbol

Your question is confusing as well as the image. Is it the header width you are having problem with?

Advertisement: