News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Fireboard 1.0.5 > SMF

Started by matt231, November 11, 2008, 02:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stagehand

Quote from: matt231 on December 24, 2008, 03:16:22 AM
Quote from: stagehand on December 24, 2008, 02:16:54 AM
Hopefully its ok to ask this question on this thread rather than start a new one.

What I am attempting to do is convert my Joomla site to SMF. I won't go into all the details for my reasoning, but I think that the site will be best served by strictly being a message board.

What I would really like to do is convert my Joomla users to SMF users. I do not have Fireboard installed although I suppose I could install it if it will facilitate things. The version of Joomla I have on the site is 1.011. Will this script do the trick for me?

Thanks

You could use JFusion - hxxp:jfusion.org [nonactive] for this. Wait till December 26th though to do it, because that's when the product will be out of Alpha.

Thanks for the tip, that looks like it might be an awesome product. Although for my situation it does not look like it will provide a solution. It says its for Joomla 1.5 and my site is on Joomla 1.0.11.

matt231

Quote from: stagehand on December 24, 2008, 04:08:36 AM
Quote from: matt231 on December 24, 2008, 03:16:22 AM
Quote from: stagehand on December 24, 2008, 02:16:54 AM
Hopefully its ok to ask this question on this thread rather than start a new one.

What I am attempting to do is convert my Joomla site to SMF. I won't go into all the details for my reasoning, but I think that the site will be best served by strictly being a message board.

What I would really like to do is convert my Joomla users to SMF users. I do not have Fireboard installed although I suppose I could install it if it will facilitate things. The version of Joomla I have on the site is 1.011. Will this script do the trick for me?

Thanks

You could use JFusion - http://jfusion.org for this. Wait till December 26th though to do it, because that's when the product will be out of Alpha.

Thanks for the tip, that looks like it might be an awesome product. Although for my situation it does not look like it will provide a solution. It says its for Joomla 1.5 and my site is on Joomla 1.0.11.

Ah, sorry. Presumed you were on J! 1.5.

You can just find a Joomla>SMF bridge and that should convert users for you.

stagehand

I was able to use this mod to load the members table from my Joomla users table. However it appears the passwords are not working. So I think I will have to settle for users requesting a password reset. Unless someone knows of a fix for that, in which case I would be most appreciative.

matt231

If you follow the link in my original post at the start of this thread there's an attachment in that post called something like 'fireboard_login_fix'

Install that via package manager in SMF and passwords should go back to normal

pedrohsi

if you have Joomla 1.5, use JFusion to sync your users - it will update the passwords once again so you won't have to install the login fix package

stagehand

Quote from: matt231 on December 24, 2008, 06:25:28 AM
If you follow the link in my original post at the start of this thread there's an attachment in that post called something like 'fireboard_login_fix'

Install that via package manager in SMF and passwords should go back to normal

That appears to have done the trick, thank you very much for the help!

myler

Just did a conversion from Fireboard 1.0.4 to SMF 1.1.8 with the appropriate converter. Worked fairly well, although the attachments didn't go over at all, tried editing the config file but to no avail. No problem though, there aren't that many. What does give a major problem, is that even after installing and applying (tested ok in package manager )the fireboard_login_fix, passwords are still incorrect. Requesting a password reset works, but i'd rather avoid having to ask our members to reset their passwords after the conversion.
Anyone here having the same problem?

TIA, Myler

ThorstenE

you should install the fireboard_login_fix.tgz via Package Manager
the file is attached to this topic:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228775.0

Advertisement: