News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

hotmail ban not working

Started by glennk, November 13, 2008, 12:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk

I have a ban on most free email address. This is one of the hotmail bans I have

*@hotmail.com

However I have a member who has succesfully, registered and posted with a hotmail.com account

??

ThorstenE

maybe the user has changed the email address after registration? go to admin - features and options - Require reactivation after email change (set to enabled).

glennk

Hi there.

No that isnt th case here. The user changd an existing email adress to gmail and then found out he was banned and didnt know what to do. So he created a new user account with hotmail address and made a 1st post to tell me he had been banned on his other account.

This is a new account and he registered it with hotmail.com which is clearly shown in my ban list. How did he do this ?

glennk

Another one just got through a few minutes ago. How are they bypassing my hotmail ban ?

Rumbaar

Are you using any third party bridges?  Also there is the ban options you've set for this ban?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

hansdampf

I think I've got exactly the same issue: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=284810.0

However, it's no hotmail specific problem.  ;)

Advertisement: