Main Menu

Locked out

Started by WFair, November 13, 2008, 03:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WFair

WFair

Can you make me admin?

I still have to get in from

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://rangeday.com/RDforum/index.php

kat

Approved and given Admin.

kat

I'm wondering if upgrading to SMF 1.1.7 wouldn't help, here.

Except you can't...

QuoteAn appropriate representation of the requested resource /RDforum/index.php could not be found on this server.

It may be down to whatever that upgrade to SMF v2.0 was all about.

WFair

I'm in under my old name.
The old one comes up when I try and use the new one but it is working

Many Many thanks for you time and help

kat

Pleasure, matey.

I do wonder what that SMF v2 thing's all about.

WFair

I'll takte a look at it

Rumbaar

A bit lost with this thread .. but if this is solved feel free to mark it as solved otherwise reply with some details of what isn't working.  To mark an issue solved please change the first post message icon to the 'tick' icon  or click the 'Topic Solved' button at the bottom of the thread if available.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

topmmc

I am having a similar problem.  My admin name is being hacked and it has locked me out.  I have at least 40+ IP addresses trying to logon. My admin is another person that is not available right now.  I am the owner, just had someone else open the site.  I do have access to CPanel.  I have locked out the IP addresses but they keep coming in with new ones, always trys twice.

Marines M/C

topmmc

Quote from: topmmc on February 11, 2011, 02:58:32 PM
I am having a similar problem.  My admin name is being hacked and it has locked me out.  I have at least 40+ IP addresses trying to logon. My admin is another person that is not available right now.  I am the owner, just had someone else open the site.  I do have access to CPanel.  I have locked out the IP addresses but they keep coming in with new ones, always trys twice.

got it resolved, had to get in between the hacker locking my name out.  Once in I set the "home page" to only registered members, they can not see any users this way or start guessing the pws, etc.  I counted 41 IPs being used to try and hack the board.  They were spread all over the globe.  Since I only allow local users on, any out of country were locked out with Cpanel. 

Has anyone else been having this type problem.
Marines M/C

Advertisement: