News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Don´t download attachments, possible?

Started by Guldstrand, November 13, 2008, 10:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guldstrand

Is it possible to NOT offer download of any attached files in a post?

Thanks in advance!

ccbtimewiz

Offer to download to all users or just a certain group?

Guldstrand

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on November 14, 2008, 11:44:25 AM
Offer to download to all users or just a certain group?
I don´t want any users to download attachments.
Is this possible?

Rumbaar

Yes remove all the permission for any membergroup to attach attachments via the permissions system.

You might want to read the Online Manual:  http://docs.simplemachines.org/
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Guldstrand

Quote from: Rumbaar on November 24, 2008, 05:42:18 AM
Yes remove all the permission for any membergroup to attach attachments via the permissions system.

You might want to read the Online Manual:  http://docs.simplemachines.org/
Hmm..  well.. i want all members to attach and view attachments, but NOT download them.

Rumbaar

I don't know what you mean?  Once you view something to your browser you've effectively 'downloaded' it to your browser.  So if they can view attachments it's been downloaded.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Guldstrand

Quote from: Rumbaar on November 25, 2008, 05:33:40 AM
I don't know what you mean?  Once you view something to your browser you've effectively 'downloaded' it to your browser.  So if they can view attachments it's been downloaded.
I know that.
But now, there is a directlink to download any attachments. I just want to "disable" that.

Rumbaar

What is the type of attachment?  If they can view it, then they can download it.  The link is just a secondary source.

Can you give more details and specifics, I'm having a hard time getting my head around what you want to achieve.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: