News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PLEASE PLEASE URGENT ASSISTANSE NEED PLEASE

Started by shahjahan, November 14, 2008, 12:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I JaR oF JaM I

Ummm, stop spamming...

Anyways, people are trying to help you, but you aren't answering quite a few of their questions...   They can't help you if you don't let them...
Death smiles at us all... All we can do is smile back.

Antechinus

Also spamming multiple posts in a short time, using capslock, followed by boldcaps, followed by marquee is a surefire way to get people to write you off and ignore your posts.

shahjahan

I am sorry folks I am not yet sure what are the questions that I haven't answer...! Could you please kind enough to ask me in a way that easier for me to understand...! I am sorry once again about my harshness.

In one of of the post a "antechinus" has questioned that do I have the access to mt database..! The answer No in order to sign in to administration penal I will have to punch my user name and the pass word...! When I type my user name I get the message saying this user name is not exist...! The first sticky Topic posted by me and you can see my username "Shahjahan" Guest...! insted of administrator...! This is my situation

Antechinus

We are not asking about access to your forum admin centre. We are asking about direct access to your server using FTP or cpanel.

We understand that you are locked out of the admin centre but if you still have access to your server (and you should) then you can fix this.

dgandy

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Without an access to your MySQL database, (basically Cpanel) you cannot do anything. Just contact your host and tell them that you lost the username and password. They will reset it for you and you can then check over that what happened.

shahjahan

Well I just downloaded the software or the package which was in a zip folder then I unziped it and uploaded to my webspace...! Then when I opened it there was a page I had to set my user name password etc. then I submit that since that date it was working just fine...until these new posts in our forum...! I found there lots of new members signing in and posting unnecessary things so I as a administrator loged in and in the control penal I unchecked the post new topics check box and the very next day I found more people becoming members but no one could post any new postings...! That was good however I could not find my user ID - Also you could notice there in no any administrator...!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: shahjahan on November 15, 2008, 07:57:41 PM
Well I just downloaded the software or the package which was in a zip folder then I unziped it and uploaded to my webspace...! Then when I opened it there was a page I had to set my user name password etc. then I submit that since that date it was working just fine...until these new posts in our forum...! I found there lots of new members signing in and posting unnecessary things so I as a administrator loged in and in the control penal I unchecked the post new topics check box and the very next day I found more people becoming members but no one could post any new postings...! That was good however I could not find my user ID - Also you could notice there in no any administrator...!

Well what you are talking are Spam Bots, but they cannot really remove your admin account. It might be bymistkenly deleted by you while removing spam bots.

dgandy

OK...You said you uploaded it to your webspace. by FTP or do you have a control panel you can go to by typing in a url?

shahjahan

Yes I do have a FTP software at the very first time through that I uploaded it to a folder which is reserved for this forum ...!

SlammedDime

How do you manage your hosting account?  Who is your host?  What control panel do they have??  cPanel?  How do you get to your database?  How did you first make your database for SMF?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

dgandy

It doesn't look like you have a control panel where you can get to the information that needs to be changed.
The only thing you can do is contact the host (person you got your forum space from) and explain what has happened. They are the only ones that can fix this.

shahjahan

I really appreciate all your messages and also for sending me personal help, Due some of my personal issue I could not respond to you all...! However as soon as my routine turn to normal I will let you know the progress of this mess - once again my sincere thanks still I haven't done anything to this forum or contacted my web hosting company - talk to you soon folks

H

Hi shahjahan. Do you require any further assistance? :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: