News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error On Preview,Quote and Database

Started by Hamro, November 14, 2008, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamro

Hello friends
My preview function is not working in my forum It keep remaining at Fetching Preview.

So as my quote problem it too get stuck  and does not work properly

and my third problem is while editing  smiley i get this message

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(code) DESC' at line 2
File: /home/spuiw/public_html/Sources/ManageSmileys.php
Line: 654"

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.7, while your database is at version 1.1.6. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I did uploaded the latest version of upgrade.php from smf_1-1-7_upgrade.zip but it does not executed

My forum is hxxp:hamroforum.com/ [nonactive]

And   test user name is test and password is test

Thanks in advance.

Oldiesmann

The quote and preview things aren't working because of the web counter code that you have after </html>. That code needs to be before the </body> tag.

For the smileys error, see http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1079.0
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Hamro

Thank You Oldiesmann  the first two problem solved  as soon as i removed the webcounter code ..but i am confuse  next time if i need  such counter where should i put them .

And  for third problem i edited the way they said in the given link  and now it does not give such message and error .
Thanks once again.

Rumbaar

Quote from: Hamroforum on November 15, 2008, 01:08:55 AM
..but i am confuse  next time if i need  such counter where should i put them .
Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 14, 2008, 05:06:52 PMThat code needs to be before the </body> tag.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Hamro

thanks guys i think the problem seems to be solved now.

Advertisement: