News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Compatability of 1.1.7 Bridge with latest SMF versions ?

Started by Storman™, November 14, 2008, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storman™

I currently have quite a few sites using Joomla 1.0.12, SMF 1.1.5, plus the 1.1.7 bridge.

Does anyone know whether it's OK to upgrade SMF to either 1.1.6 or 1.1.7 ?

I ask because I noticed that the latest SMF packages have certain changes relating to users and wondered whether this would upset the integration ?

A friend kindly "lent" me his site with the same config as mine as he was about to totally rebuild it the next day. In the few hours I had, I upgraded SMF to 1.1.7 and everything seemed to work OK but it was only a limited test.

Just wondered if anyone else is using the bridge with the latest SMF offerings ?

Any feedback appreciated  ;)

青山 素子

All the releases in the 1.1 series should continue to work as we (probably) won't be changing how user accounts are handled.

However, there have been several security issues found in that old of a version of Joomla!, so you really should look into some migration paths.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Storman™

Ok many thanks, I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade em..

Cheers  ;)

kai920

Storman™

I've only done one of my sites so far but no problems as far as I can see. All seems to work fine.

I had some unrelated issues with the others which I want to resolve before updating.

Cheers  ;)

higherauthority

If you still did not upgrade all of them yet I am running

Joomla 1.012+Smf 1.1.8 (just upgraded) with Bridge 1.1.7 + Gallery2 integration

and all went smooth.  8)

Storman™

Sounds good !

Many thanks for posting - appreciated   ;)

Cheers

Advertisement: