News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How many large sites are using SMF 2 so far?

Started by BigMike, November 15, 2008, 05:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Hey guys,

Sorry for this vague question, I did only a quick search for what I am looking for and didn't see anything. If there is a post on this, please let me know!

Basically, I am undergoing a huge site-wide update on my www e-commerce site and would like to revamp and re-theme my forum to match it.

That said, this would be a good time to make the jump to hyper light speed (smf 2).

I understand it is a beta and is not recommended for production sites, but I must ask, how many are using smf 2 for their production site, and if I get many replies here, also I would like to ask how many problems have your users experienced with the beta?

I have ran beta versions of smf in the past on my production site without a hitch.

FYI my site is ~ 630k posts, 41k topics, 11k members

Thanks in advance!
BigMike

Rumbaar

Have you request access to the 'Big Board' membergroup via your ProfileCP?  You might want to do that and you'll probably get access to those users that have large boards and using 2.0
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

BigMike

Thanks for the suggestion, I recently got added to the big boards and will check it out!

Mike

Advertisement: