[Tip/Trick] Gender Image to Text (1.x and 2.x)

Started by Yigal, July 09, 2009, 12:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yigal

Tip/Trick: Gender Image to Text
Description: Just a little modification changing gender image to text :P  Subject basically says it all
A Note To Everyone Who Is Packaging This Edit:  Packaged by Me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Display.Template.php:

Find

($message['member']['gender']['image'])

Replace with:

($message['member']['gender']['name'])

Find:

', $message['member']['gender']['image'], '

Replace with:

', $message['member']['gender']['name'], '

For 2.x please visit: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2069
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks LLUTHER

Also, if someone could move this to Tips/Tricks board, that would be great ;)
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

iiKiller

Why would anyone want to do that? Apart from maybe a Mobile or lo-fi forum, but I suppose; good job on this little Tip :)

JeremyB.

I like it actually nice tip Yigal, thanks.

-JB
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

Yigal

Your Welcome :)

Edit: I might also make a simple modification out of this ;)
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support

Liam.

I agree with a "Simple Modification". I don't see how anyone will benifit from this tip, but I suppose, as iiKiller has suggested, it would be good for a WAP or Mobile Forum.

Yigal

Quote from: iKorp on July 13, 2009, 04:49:40 AM
I agree with a "Simple Modification". I don't see how anyone will benifit from this tip, but I suppose, as iiKiller has suggested, it would be good for a WAP or Mobile Forum.
I would say so as well.  I never said that it's a big change.  All I said is it's a simple modification. 
But thanks anyway :)
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Reflection

Thanks for the tip, mate. Looks good.

Might be going a bit far, but you could reverse it in Load.php so text appears everywhere where gender is called so you wouldn't need to edit templates (eg, multi-theme support).
Good "SMF" Portals
Tiny Portal [SMF 1.1.x only]
Simple Portal [SMF 1.1.x and 2.0]

Good "SMF" Theme Sites
SMF Themes [SMF 1.1.x and 2.0]
Dziner Studio [SMF 1.1.x and 2.0]

Yigal

Thanks for the tip...I'll look into it a bit later
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

1Chope

Please thans.I Like it to display the Gender name instead of The link,This is a fine mode.

JeremyB.

Do you mind if I post this in the spanish board?
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

Yigal

Sure, just send me the link after you post it :)
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

JeremyB.

JeremyB.

Yigal

Okay ... can you put a credit in that post?  Or the original link (this topic) in that post.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

JeremyB.

Yigal

Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

JeremyB.

JeremyB.

Posting in the Polish board will provide you with a link and a credit in the post.

Yigal

A Note To Everyone Who Is Packaging This Edit:  I appreciate the time you are spending packaging this modification...but I give no permission for anyone to submit a package containing those codes only.  If you would like to package this, send me the .zip file and I will submit it and credit you for packaging, but that's it.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Yigal

Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Advertisement: