News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Portal Mod

Started by SKETCHi, February 10, 2005, 01:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKETCHi

I know there are mods that will send news posts to Mambo, I was wondering if you could make a self-contained portal. This way the members could login from the main page and have quick access to news posts.

-Thanks in advance.

Aldenhier

Are you talking about using your own site (not mambo or anything like that, but your own site you made)? If so, read this:
That would take a bit of coding on your part... you would have to know/learn php before doing that; you can't get a mod for that! And even if you could, it would have to be edited to fit your needs anyways.

What I am saying is: if you don't want to do the work on your own, either pay someone else to do it, or get mambo and use it! ;)

If not, read this:
You should post that on the mambo forums! ;)

-Aldenhier

SKETCHi

Actually I meant a self-contained portal... no other programs required, no php knowledge needed.

In the admin panel you would be able to change basic table layout (add/remove), links, which forum and how many posts to display for the news, login box and basic forum stats. It would aliminate the need for Mambo or any other portal.

There are currently mods like this for phpBB and IPB... but those boards suck.

Kindred

Have yo checked out what Oldiesman is doing? (look in the portal discussion area)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SKETCHi

Could you give me a link to the post?

Also, the portal would use the same theme/skin... which would make it a hell of a lot easier.

redone

Check out the TinyPortal mod by Bloc under the mods section. Maybe that will do what you need.

:)

Advertisement: