News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

about member group

Started by funcouldron, November 17, 2008, 10:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funcouldron

but i dont think so that  ,, that mod can do this prob ,,coz that mod was installed in my smf1.1.6  thn in freshly installed smf1.1.7 with DB backup and updated it to 2.0b4  ,, in new smf 1.1.7 i didnt installed any mod...
Visit us at  ww.4moreFun.com

Rumbaar

Well if started from a clean upgrade to 2.0 BETA was it the same?  Were you using the same theme you currently were at that time.  I still hazard to guess it's a theme related issue.  As the attached files are for 1.1.x and not 2.x
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

see it dont come on smf core theme also

and the file i attached profile.php are my current file and profile.templet.php are files i used in my smf1.16   i didnt deleted my older smf  coz i installed my new smf in new directory and new db

Rumbaar

So the forum in your profile isn't the forum with the issue? As it's 2.0 BETA.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

i dont get,, what you are saying???  tell me what should i do now ,,,, i have db back up with me ,,,should i install fresh smf2.0b4 and replace db ,,, will it solve my prob???

Rumbaar

What is not to get, you're talking about a 1.1.x forum.  Posting 1.1 related files, but your profile links to a 2.0 BETA based forum.  So what forum is having the issue?  The 2.0 one? If so using 1.1 based themes I'm sure might be the issue.

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

i m having smf2.0b4....the theme i have is also made sply for smf2.0b4

the option is not worknig even if i use smfdefault core theme....

and the file i posted  1st was of my smf2.0b4 only ,, if u want you can chek it out .... the files i posted letter was from my older 1.1version which i posted from the backup of older from i still have with me ...

funcouldron

and i think its something related to databse not files bcoz i again backd up my databse of my scurrnt smf2.0b4 and in new directory i installed fresh forum and in tht databse i imported my backup and still in fresh forum it is the same issue

Rumbaar

When you had that fresh install before importing the db, was the membergroups displaying correctly in your default CORE theme?

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

i didnt checked it ,, but i think it should show... how can i check it now?

Rumbaar

Not sure, other than resetting the db to a fresh install status.

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

okie let me check it then ,,,

funcouldron

and in admin panel when i click on boards .. i get tihs error...

Got error 28 from storage engine - check database storage space or contact the server administrator.
File: /www/110mb.com/f/u/n/c/o/u/l/d/funcouldron/htdocs/fc/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1021

what is this now?

Rumbaar

Well as the error indicates it's an issue with your db at the host level, do as instructed.

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

okie ,, in my account i had many DBS i deleted one which was not required so now no prob with board,,, but still have too look for membergroup problem

funcouldron

and what does this means

Note: You cannot edit this permission profile as it is a predefined profile included within the forum software by default. If you wish to change the permissions of this profile you must first create a duplicate profile. You can carry out this task by clicking here.

Rumbaar

Did you click the 'here' part of that message to perform the required task?

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

yeh i  done that created new profile and edited them but that process is realy lot confusing ,,,, i think in next upgrad smf should make it littel easy,,,

Rumbaar

So what is the outstanding issue you have now?

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

membergroup.... not showin primary member group images ,,i tried to delet all the groups and recreated them ,, but it also didnt work

Advertisement: