News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

about member group

Started by funcouldron, November 17, 2008, 10:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumbaar

I thought 'we' were creating a fresh install of 2.0 BETA 4. Checking that all membergroups appear correctly.  Then import data, check.  Then switch to custom theme and check.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

yeh ,, i m trying that ,, my db server was down ,, i will do that ,,wait .. thx
Visit us at  ww.4moreFun.com

funcouldron

Rumbaar

Can you try the next two steps then.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

funcouldron

next 2 steps done

import data -- results   it is not showing both member group  only post based membergroup is shown

not in cutsom theme not in core theme not in any other theme ....
http://funcouldron.110mb.com/fc_bkp/index.php?topic=64.0

Rumbaar

Are you sure you don't have Hide post group titles for grouped members? enabled in your Current Theme settings area?

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

yes i m sure ...

and if at all it is enabled then it should show only primary group not post based group

enbling or disabling that option dosent make any changes

Rumbaar

It is still pointing to your alternate live forum
http://funcouldron.co.cc/fc/Themes/

Can you run the repair settings, or reset the paths to the current test location and see if you get the same results in your default CORE theme.

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

funcouldron

rectified paths

http://funcouldron.co.cc/fc_bkp/index.php?topic=64.0

but still not showing priamry group..

only psotbased groups are shown

Rumbaar

There appears to be other issues, then as the buttons are no longer showing.  I'm not sure if all the paths are correct within you restored settings.

Also I now see what appears two membergroups displayed for the second person in that thread.  Unable to view other profile details to confirm other details as a guest.

Now are you sure you're adding these as primary membergroups?

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

next person also showing one group

success a passion is tagline user put using their profile ,,,, it is not member group ,,,, do u need admin access to tht forum

for test account

username=test
pass=test

Rumbaar

Yeah I can't tell from access, but there appears to be issues with your membergroups.  As even when you look at the member lists all users are only in post count based membergroups.

When I look at profiles and try to alter account settings there is no primary membergroups available.

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

okie check your PM , i m sending you temperory admin account detail... i dont want my member to select their own group if they are not assigned becous i found that if i make admin gruop visible then user can getacess to admin group and b a admin ,,, u just check it out and tell me what to do?

Rumbaar

Okay I'll have to check that out after I get home, as I can't access .cc domain sites from my current location.

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

Rumbaar

All the files and styles are still sent from the .cc path, so that doesn't help.  I'll look at it when I can.

[ Themes ]

funcouldron

should i change path??? or when u will  b back? and i seend feew days agon in some thread tht soon update was gona come to 2.0b4 but its not yet come ,, do u have any ideas for that?

Rumbaar

Well I work, when I get home I'll be able to look at it.  You'll be looked at, as soon as I (a volunteer) can get to it.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: