News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Seditio

Started by ThorstenE, November 17, 2008, 01:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

Software: Seditio
Version: 1.0

This is the official support topic for Seditio converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.

Note: This was tested on Seditio v121, but should in theory work on other versions of Seditio if the database changes have not been to great.

Does Not Convert

• Permissions (This might not be supported at all so please check permissions before making the board live..)
  • Membergroups
  • Attachments

Changelog

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.

Fade2k

"convert.php" does not appear obtainable from this post or links herein... Anyone have it available?

Norv

Please use the latest version of the package, found on this site's Downloads > Converters: http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=seditio

PS: you may note that the link in the above post, to "convert.php", is indeed to this post: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140741.0 at the end of which you can find attached the file it refers to: convert.php. I'm not sure it's very user-friendly, though.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

MusicOnly

Hi, I'm trying to convert existing Seditio site (since Neocrome no longer exists) to Drupal and I consider using SMF as my replacement forum. I have 23k+ members and 158k+ posts. I downloaded and installed latest converter from the first link in Norv's post but when I run script, it fails on first step;
"Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)"

In phpMyAdmin user_birthdate is set to INT ?!?!?
I'm using Seditio 125.

I know it's been a long time since you last posted in this thread, but I'm on a dead end with this CMS and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

MusicOnly

Ok, dropped the user_birthdate (INT) and created user_birthdate (DATE). I get pass this first error, but this isn't the end:

"Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/gitare/public_html/test/smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 2"

1523rd and 1254th row in convert.php:

"if ($special_code !== null)
eval($special_code);"

But still, I get "Successful" after "converting members" though when I visit the forum, no new members have been added.

also:
"Converting categories...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (cat_order)"

I thought this is gonna be easy :/

Oldiesmann

Quote from: MusicOnly on July 10, 2011, 02:09:41 PM
Hi, I'm trying to convert existing Seditio site (since Neocrome no longer exists) to Drupal and I consider using SMF as my replacement forum. I have 23k+ members and 158k+ posts. I downloaded and installed latest converter from the first link in Norv's post but when I run script, it fails on first step;
"Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)"

In phpMyAdmin user_birthdate is set to INT ?!?!?
I'm using Seditio 125.

I know it's been a long time since you last posted in this thread, but I'm on a dead end with this CMS and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

It appears birthdates in Seditio are stored as UNIX timestamps. For some reason, the converter isn't handling that properly. Since you've already taken care of that issue, there's not much sense in fixing that right now.

I'm not sure what's causing the "non-well-formed integer" error.

As for the cat_order issue - what exactly is stored in the fn_path column of the forum_structure table? It's a string (varchar) in Seditio, but if it's really used to specify the order of the categories, it should be numeric anyway.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

MusicOnly

Hey, thanks for taking time to reply.

As for the fn_path column, you're right, it's used for order of categories, but in seditio you are adding subcategories like this:
"Intro" path: 02
"Intro - About us" path: 02.01

But since forum_structure is just used for categories, and not forums and subforums, it could be numeric.

So are you suggesting me to drop table and create new INT?

Ragonz

Hi

I was also having this problem but after some trial and error got catogories to work, just change the type to int, However ive now run into the next problem which is that the converter keeps thinking that there are duplicate posts "Duplicate entry '466' for key 1"

No if i delete post 466 it then says there is a duplicate post for 467 and so on..

Does anyone know how to get past this?

Advertisement: