News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Package manager on 110mb

Started by Fshy94, November 21, 2008, 01:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fshy94

I've been running some forums, and oftentimes, when installing a package, I get a blank page. Smaller packages tend to work fine, but large ones give me the blank pages. When I tried forcing it a bit by unpacking it manually and placing it in the packages folder and in the temp folder, it would sometimes install right, but it wouldn't install everything correctly. Finally, I noticed that the error in the logs during blank pages was something about Broken Pipes. PHP's max_execution_time is set to 15, is that the problem? To note, if it wasn't clear, this is SMF 2.0 Beta 4.

Jade Elizabeth

Can you increase that to 30?

What is the error you are getting exactly?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Fshy94

I have asked my host if they can do that. As for the error, I merely get a blank page. However, when I check the error logs, I get...8: fwrite(): send of 18 bytes failed with errno=32 Broken pipe or something similar.

Jade Elizabeth

Can you show us the exact error please?

Do you have a phpinfo file?
What is a phpinfo() file?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Fshy94

That *was* the precise error, but I got some other errors when I tried forcing things, like File still not writable errors when I was certain the file was 777. As for the contents of phpinfo...lets see if I can get it here... The URL is hxxp:pokeglobal.org/phpinfo.php [nonactive] if you need it.

EDIT:I guess you just want the URL :P Once again, hxxp:pokeglobal.org/phpinfo.php [nonactive]

Jade Elizabeth

..You should have just linked us :P

I'll get someone knowledgeable to look at it :D.

Fshy94

Thanks, I appreciate it.

EDIT: Hrm...fopen is disabled on my server, I wonder if that's the problem. Host says they will not change it either =\

If it is fopen, I note that some people have been trying alternatives to fopen using curl...it might be nice if SMF had an update for that.
Never mind, fopen/fwrite work on local files if the permissions are right. I really need to learn to read more.

H

The mention of broken pipes often implies a server configuration issue.

Do you have cpanel? If so you can check for any entries in the cpanel error log :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Simply configure php.ini to default

Rumbaar

Is this a free or very cheap service?  Usually when a service is over subscribed the host configures the service for maximum perform usually at the expense of the users that actually want to do anything.  I can only recommend switching to a better host, which might require actually paying for it.

Though any additional news from your talks with your host?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

aldo

Well...

Considering this is a free web host (which I have used a lot :P) you won't be able to edit your php.ini

What modification is this you are trying to install..?

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved? If not, you might want to contact 110mb support to see if they can look into this. I'm sure you're not the only one reporting this if this is a problem on their end (which does sound like it).

Resourcez

A typical problem for a server with mod_suexec - the problem is the SMF2 package installer.

You will find that any mod that needs to create directories below your boardir will have the problem - they will be malformed and appear as files, so the files that should be within those sub-dirs are not there.  There is some issue, possibly the attempt to allow for suexec in the installer, that either doesn't create  the directories correctly within Packages/temp/ or prevents their correct transfer from that directory.

The same mods that fail on SMF2 do install perfectly on SMF1, thus confirming the installer problem.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
Bugs HereSupport HereDonationsProPackage Parser
TP 1.1 • SMF 1.1.21/2.0.9 • MySQL 5.6.23 PHP 5.4.42 Apache 2.4.12
(PMs not responded to - I provide a support site)

Advertisement: