News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Red X where Forum Name appears in IE7

Started by tk2012, November 20, 2008, 11:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tk2012

At the top of my forum, I get a red X where the name of the forum appears.  I only see this in Internet Explorer.  Is there a fix for this? 

I use firefox myself, so I don't see this.  But, people who read the forum at work (who can't download onto work computers) are complaining about this red X.

attached a picture.

I'm on v2.0 b4.0

Thanks!

defcrash

Go to IE, right click on the red X, then properties, check the URL to the image and the image name, then just copy the logo (with the exact same name and extention of the image name you looked before) to that location!

Jade Elizabeth

It's VERY strange to see it only in IE.. Does any image show at all on other browsers?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

defcrash

Quote from: Jade on November 21, 2008, 09:39:41 AM
It's VERY strange to see it only in IE.. Does any image show at all on other browsers?

Actually, i've noticed that too, if an image link is broken, on IE will show the red X, but on FF will show nothing! ;D

Jade Elizabeth

Yep! That's what I'm trying to work out, if it's an IE error, or the image doesnt exist!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

tk2012

No, there is no image there, just the name of the forum appears.  I'm reading thru your replies now and will see what else I can see.

tk2012

I did what you said and it points me to the /header/ folder of the forum.  Now, I don't have anything in that folder.

But, I figured out the problem.  Under Admin / Configuration / Current Theme /

I had previously made a header folder to attempt to put a banner for the forum there.  The folder was still listed in the "Logo image URL:" section, so I deleted that info.  I never knew that the red X was there because I only use Firefox.  I'm glad that my members mentioned it to me because ewww that's an ugly X. 

Also, thanks to you guys for pointing out how to check things!  (I just wish it would have appeared on Firefox, so I knew there was something unfinished or a problem.)

Jade Elizabeth

No worries!! Glad it's fixed, I was going to ask if it was in the theme section :).

Advertisement: