News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Theme picker at top

Started by Miraenda, April 27, 2005, 08:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Az

Can anyone make this work with mambo too?

Xarcell

Is there a better code to use then this:

echo '<center><form name="jumpurl1" onSubmit="return jumpit()">
                <select size="1" name="jumpurl2">
                      '.$context['theme_options'].'
                </select>
                <input type="button" value="Change it!" onClick="jumpit()"></form></center>
                   <script>
                       function jumpit(){
                          window.location=document.jumpurl1.jumpurl2.value
                          return false
                       }
                   </script>';

Without using the global file? It just doesn't load the theme, I have to "refresh" to see what I selected on Firefox. On Internet Explorer, it takes me to the profile > theme selection page.

DemonicInfluence

you have to use quickpick.. You have to edit the themes.php file..

Xarcell

I did...

Exactly where do place the function code in the theme.php file?

Using rc1.

-Xarcell

DemonicInfluence

Xarcell

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I was talking about the part that started with:

function QuickPick()
{

DemonicInfluence

I still mean after function PickTheme() is over. Then.
you copy it and change the redirect and name.

I can give u my themes.php if u want

Gobo

so exactly which code do I need to use?

cos there are like 4 or 5 chunk of codes posted by different people....so which one is the best and safest with SMF 1.1rc2?

thanks

DemonicInfluence

silverdragonrs

Ok this has gotten confusing.... Anybody mind putting all steps to this in one solid post? The original was a little confusing... and then the "better one" was cool... but it had problems?... and then several updates and edits to one or both.... hmm... this thread has gotten a little scattered... I (and most people i know) are not expert programmers... so one "tutorial" on this addin would be great... :) thanks,
danny
I'd like to quote my idol. Homer Simpson. "Press any key now!... Any Key? Where's the any key?!... Doh!" ---- One day I'll be that good with computers..... ~ danny ~ feel free to IM me about anything!

Vinspire

Quote from: akulion on April 29, 2006, 09:44:27 AM
so exactly which code do I need to use?

cos there are like 4 or 5 chunk of codes posted by different people....so which one is the best and safest with SMF 1.1rc2?

thanks

Same question here & can i have a screenshot of how does it look like ?

DemonicInfluence

Quote from: silverdragonrs on May 17, 2006, 01:52:35 AM
Ok this has gotten confusing.... Anybody mind putting all steps to this in one solid post? The original was a little confusing... and then the "better one" was cool... but it had problems?... and then several updates and edits to one or both.... hmm... this thread has gotten a little scattered... I (and most people i know) are not expert programmers... so one "tutorial" on this addin would be great... :) thanks,
danny

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=26637.msg351367#msg351367

I have it posted. Should help..

Harro

My apologies for this necroposting :p
But anyone know if this still works for the current release?

Pieces

Quote from: Harro on February 20, 2007, 06:52:44 PM
My apologies for this necroposting :p
But anyone know if this still works for the current release?

I applied this to my forum last week.

Theme picker is working fine, though you have to keep in mind that the first part is missing the session stuff which Ohms describes. I didn't apply that part yet(so the chosen themes are not stored in the user profile yet :()

For the rest it's almost the same for 1.1.2
Alphagamer: Game Discussion Blogs and Forum [nofollow]

Advertisement: