News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Dumping rubbish on server

Started by riker, November 22, 2008, 06:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riker

First off I have to say this isn't a problem with the server because it happened on another host too.

Right the problem is basically in the screenshot I've attached.  As you can see that is alot of heavy rubbish being dumped on the server by SMF.  This also includes a error_log which contains -

[05-Nov-2008 12:52:46] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/tvlicen1/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1932) : eval()'d code on line 437
[05-Nov-2008 12:52:50] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/tvlicen1/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1932) : eval()'d code on line 437
[05-Nov-2008 12:55:17] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/tvlicen1/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1932) : eval()'d code on line 438
[05-Nov-2008 12:55:47] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/tvlicen1/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1932) : eval()'d code on line 534

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

.Core files are created when there are problems in the system of the host. Nothing to do with SMF, you will have to contact your host about this.

About the parse error, i think its due to some edits not done properly.

riker

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on November 22, 2008, 08:05:15 AM
.Core files are created when there are problems in the system of the host. Nothing to do with SMF, you will have to contact your host about this.

About the parse error, i think its due to some edits not done properly.

Hmm so both hosts had/have the same error and it's nothing to do with SMF ?

I did try replacing that load file mentioned but it didn't change anything

True it's not the SMF,
Try other hosts

Deprecated

I disagree with the assessment that it is not your SMF. It might be SMF, it might not be SMF. I'd like to see the testimony before I rule on this case. ;)

Please attach a copy of your Load.php to your reply post.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Well, possibly yep it can be i was just following up both these posts and end up with the decision that it can more likely be on the hosts end rather than SMF.. What say..?

Well we can see the load files as he requested and lets see what happens!  ;D

riker

Quote from: Deprecated on November 22, 2008, 08:27:17 PM

Please attach a copy of your Load.php to your reply post.

As I said I tried a fresh copy from here so if you think that's the problem take a look

Rumbaar

It can even be links to third parts included in SMF, to incorrectly edited theme template files.

You can test a fresh clean install of SMF and see if you get the same results.  If it still fails it's the host, if it doesn't it could be modifications performed on the SMF code to cause the server to behave like this.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: