News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Paid Subscription sign up on Registration???

Started by shanerbock, November 23, 2008, 06:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanerbock

Hi,

Has anyone successfully found a way to put the Paid Subscription(smf 2) sign up on the Registration page?     In other words, one step registration of a subscription membership???

OR

I suppose it would work if after registering, we redirect the user directly after registration to go to the Paid Subscription link in their profile...

The point is, I have no other user types except paid users. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help!!
shane

shanerbock

Wow, this post has moved down fairly quickly and no replies... is there really no one out there that needs this too?  Thats hard to believe.     The 2 step process to sign up for a paid subscription is just not that great when you are trying to make sales on a paid only forum(service).

Thanks for your help, advice, pointers on where to look or who to ask... anything would be great.

shane

shanerbock

I am sorry to be a pest about this question and bring it back to the top again, but can anyone help???

Here is my question again, just to make it easier...

Has anyone successfully found a way to put the Paid Subscription(smf 2) sign up on the Registration page?     In other words, one step registration of a subscription membership???

OR

I suppose it would work if after registering, we redirect the user directly after registration to go to the Paid Subscription link in their profile...

The point is, I have no other user types except paid users. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help!!

Jim R

Here is what I have done.  I'm working on another problem so I'll tell you how I found it here.  You need to change where the User gets redirected after registration.  On my site, I have them redirected to a separate page, which gives them the options of subscribing to gain access to other parts of the site or just browsing for they registered for. 

Search for where to go to alter the redirection after registration.  I can't remember if it's the Source/Register.php or part of the theme package. 

Bigguy

There is a mod to redirect people to a page you want. Have you checked the mod site for it. ???

shanerbock

Thank you... I will look for the mod... seems like that might work if I can find it.   If not, I guess i will be searching register.php. 

Thanks again for your help.
shane

Bigguy

shanerbock

Yep, I found it.   Looks great.  would still prefer a one page registration for paid subs, but this will work just fine.

Thanks again!

Bigguy

Advertisement: