News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

image uploading

Started by wandawill, August 10, 2009, 08:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wandawill

I have a php uploading program called ezupload. The people that made it are no longer around so there is no support, but it works great and I'm wondering if something like that could be integrated in smf. You can set up as many form fields as you want for files or even text box's. It installs something like these forums. I'll be glad to post a link to the script if somebody wants to take a look at it. It would really be cool if it could work.
thanks

Arantor

Since SMF already does this out of the box, I'm not sure what the request is here.

wandawill

Arantor

This is already part of SMF's attachments setup, surely?

wandawill

you can have separate folders and back ground pages? this doesn't run in the database.

Arantor

No, SMF attachments get attached to a post.

What would you need different backgrounds for when attaching to a post?

wandawill

when I enable image uploads on my forum it causes lots of problems with the server. in fact they made me disable it.

Arantor

Do you mean 'image uploads' such as avatars, or regular attachments?

The problem is that in all likelihood if this were implemented you'd have a similar problem with this.

wandawill

this would be more like a gallery without using the database. it was just a thought. I'm done.

Arantor

There are several galleries already available for SMF - SMF Media Gallery being the most famous.

Advertisement: