News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackregan

When I try to edit articles I get 'Error Code 400: Bad Request' after hitting save.

Any ideas??
Bible Study, Catholic News, Youth Group Stuff (my humble attempt at an SMF site... I'm grateful to the amazing people who have made SMF what it is!!

IchBin™

Quote from: FurryHuskyBolt™ on June 03, 2011, 12:03:09 AM
Am just going to copy from my topic what I said

Quote from: FurryHuskyBolt™ on June 02, 2011, 10:36:37 PM
Hello, sorry to bug you busy people with my problems but I installed Tinyportal and now my forum is coming up saying "Unable to load the 'tp_above' template."

So I can't do anything with my forum now...

Can some help this Husky, if so I would be forever grateful...

Thanks for your time and have a nice day...

~Bolt

Sounds like your files didn't get uploaded properly. I would open up the TP zip file, then manually upload all the files again for your version of SMF.

Quote from: jackregan on June 03, 2011, 06:19:55 AM
When I try to edit articles I get 'Error Code 400: Bad Request' after hitting save.

Any ideas??

Does your host have mod_security enabled? If so, that could be the problem.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

K33NY

Hello

When trying to install this mode I get an error message saying:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

What do I do now? we have RC5 and mod says its compitable with it :S

jackregan

Hi folks...

I solved the last problem. Sorry to keep asking stupid questions, but I really love this mod and I think when I relaunch my site (waiting on SMF 2.0 Gold) it's going to be an important part of things :)

Okay, one more question...

I have the frontpage set to display articles and selected topics. I also have it set to display 10 items maximum on the front page. Problem is that when there are more than ten and it goes on to a second page all of the forum topics get automatically bumped to the second page.

How can I solve this?

Bible Study, Catholic News, Youth Group Stuff (my humble attempt at an SMF site... I'm grateful to the amazing people who have made SMF what it is!!

smtek

I installed tiny portal but i cant find it in Admin panel. Generally where is it ?
http://thetekwar.com

^ Your entry to the best tech community

WillyP

Quote from: K33NY on June 03, 2011, 06:54:19 PM
Hello

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Most likely another mod has modified a file that TP also needs to modify. Try removing your mods and installing tp again. If this is a live site you might want to create a test site from a back up so you can do a bit of trial and error to get all your mods working again. That way your live site can stay up while you learn what works and what doesn't.

IchBin™

Quote from: jackregan on June 03, 2011, 07:46:56 PM
Hi folks...

I solved the last problem. Sorry to keep asking stupid questions, but I really love this mod and I think when I relaunch my site (waiting on SMF 2.0 Gold) it's going to be an important part of things :)

Okay, one more question...

I have the frontpage set to display articles and selected topics. I also have it set to display 10 items maximum on the front page. Problem is that when there are more than ten and it goes on to a second page all of the forum topics get automatically bumped to the second page.

How can I solve this?

This has been fixed in my latest code I believe. I'm going to be releasing it in the next couple of days hopefully.

Quote from: smtek on June 04, 2011, 09:46:30 AM
I installed tiny portal but i cant find it in Admin panel. Generally where is it ?

If you're using SMF1.x it's in the admin panel of SMF. If you're using SMF2, there should be a link in the main menu for it where it will take you to TP's admin. It's a separate admin from SMF's admin.

K33NY

Quote from: WillyP on June 04, 2011, 09:47:42 AM
Quote from: K33NY on June 03, 2011, 06:54:19 PM
Hello

Most likely another mod has modified a file that TP also needs to modify. Try removing your mods and installing tp again. If this is a live site you might want to create a test site from a back up so you can do a bit of trial and error to get all your mods working again. That way your live site can stay up while you learn what works and what doesn't.

The thing is, all my mods are actually uninstalled :S and when trying to install that error occurs :S

But even though I will have an attachement it will show that even when uninstalled mmods you will see theire sources file in the /Sources directory, shouldnt they be gone as well?

IchBin™

What does the install fail on? If you have no mods installed, there should be no failures. If you have failures with no mods installed, try uploading a fresh set of SMF files from the large upgrade package for RC5. Then try the mod install again.

K33NY

I will attach a screenie of the error

K33NY

allso I tried to use the large upgrade package to clear all mods, but still the mods files re in the sources directory :S

IchBin™

The mod files dont really matter as they won't interfere unless code in the SMF files makes a call to them. You can remove them if you want. The error you are getting is likely because of a permissions issue on your server. Try chmod`ing files to see if it works. If not it might be worth it to see if your host is willing to help you troubleshoot.

K33NY

ok so if i go to /sources folder and simply delete the mods files in there it is ok?

allso we used TP before :S but when some other mods caused errors I decided to use large upgrade again.

chmod? u mean adjust the writable executable thing on the files?

IchBin™

Quote from: K33NY on June 04, 2011, 12:48:47 PM
ok so if i go to /sources folder and simply delete the mods files in there it is ok?

Yes, as long as you don't have the mods installed, deleting the mod files should be ok. Just don't delete an SMF file.

chmod? u mean adjust the writable executable thing on the files?

Yes.

K33NY

I got an error when installing it, site crashed, I will attach photo, and no matter what mod I try to install I get a similar error

lurkalot

Try renaming your sources folder, just put a ~ at the end of it.

Then from the large upgrade package sitting on your desktop upload the whole sources folder complete with its contents up to your server.   Looks like you deleted something from it that you shouldn't have.

K33NY

when renamin the folder and doing as u said, site crashed again, this time a similar error i will show in attachement, and this is after I renamed the sources folder to /sources~ when removing the ~ the site was up again

DarkAngel612

Quote from: K33NY on June 05, 2011, 01:46:18 PM
when renamin the folder and doing as u said, site crashed again, this time a similar error i will show in attachement, and this is after I renamed the sources folder to /sources~ when removing the ~ the site was up again

putting the ~ at the end of files or folders essentially turns them off -- that is why the site would not work, it could not access your files.

what you were supposed to do is add the ~ to the Sources folder then upload ONLY the Sources folder from the unzipped package for the software.

Try uploading the new one after renaming the one on the server again.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

K33NY

that didnt seem to help either I got a new error then, shown in attachement :S

DarkAngel612

and this is done after:

1. rename Sources to Sources~
2. upload brand new Sources folder fromm opened zip to your sites main folder for the forum
3. try to access site from your sites link?
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Advertisement: