TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

Well, I know I can simply create / copy the images easily but ince were talking about it. What would be an easy fix to that so it might stop it from possibly happening to others even if it's rare when it does ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Arantor

Restructuring the package and the installer for it.

MoreBloodWine

lol, seems like a lot to ask for something I doubt that happens all to often so I wont ask heh.

Edit: Actually, is there anythin I can tweak on my VPS to stop this from happening not only with TP but other mods as well ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

stylusss

Using the tinyportal download manager,

A hypothetical situation...

I would like membergroup 2 to be able to upload files, but not be able download files. Is this a possibility? And those who are not allowed to download files, they are still allowed to see the file that has been uploaded, but when they click the link, an error will state, sorry you are not allowed to download this file.
For top-notch server quality and expertise, visit CoreISP.net

Kindred

not sure about your first question, but the second question goes against the standard design of SMF...    ]
Under standard design, users can only see options if they can do the option...  if they can't do it, they can't see it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stylusss

Quote from: Kindred on August 17, 2012, 04:15:26 PM
not sure about your first question, but the second question goes against the standard design of SMF...    ]
Under standard design, users can only see options if they can do the option...  if they can't do it, they can't see it.

Still, I want the person to see that the download is there, but when clicked, it says, sorry :)

Kindred

that might be bwhat you want... but that is not how the standard permissions work in SMF functions.
Unless specifically altered - SMF assumes that - if you can see it, you can do it - and if you can't do it, you have no need to see it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stylusss

I'm pretty sure a very talented programmer could figure this out ;D

Otherwise, I REALLY don't want to download another download manager. This seems pretty neat on its own. O:)

Kindred

you miss my point.  Yes - it can be figured out...   however, it contradicts SMF standards...   so, unless it is a custom built mod, it is unlikely that a standard and widely used mod would do that....
Слaва
Украинi

IchBin™

TP behaves in the same way. If you are given the permission to see it you have the permission to download it. Any further option than that would have to be coded in to work the way you want.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

smashmash

I'm using Tinyportal and loving it but I have a problem with the calendar. If I use the bloc code for mini calendar it doesn't show events that are already posted in the main forum calendar - how can I get the calendar on tinyportal to reflect events logged through the stock SMF calander?

I'm on SMF 2.02, running Facebook SMF theme, Event registration mod, Tank-o-matic and Simple Audio Video embedder.

Appreciate any ideas!

IchBin™

If the code doesn't show what you want, then you'll have to get some code that does, or write the code yourself. We have a couple of different ones at the tinyportal.net site, but I have no idea what they display.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Duskmoon

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on August 01, 2012, 10:37:50 PM
Yup with the later version than yours they are now using their own smilies...rather the default smilies that come with smf but you can change them in the tp-files/tp-modules-TPShout/Sources/TPShout.php

go to about line: 828

should read:
$context['tp_smileys']['postform'][] = array(
            'smileys' => array(

that is the beginning and you will see them listed...just change the name listed to the name of the smilie you want to be able to use. You can use as many or as few as you like, my forum is smilie happy so we have thousands it weems at times so I only have a few of them showing in the shout box.

not sure if there is anywhere that we can add the actual smiley for it to show automatically or if that is something to request for later versions but for now this does quite nicely

about removing the last shouts at the top of the box, I have no clue. I search files and find the show all shouts but not that one at all.

*****EDIT*****

[/color]I did find that in the TPortal.english.php located in the Themes/default/languages folder does contain the place for the word Shouts:
[/b][/color]when you remove that the word goes away from the shoutbox but not the count before it...that I fear is encoded elsewhere since it does tell you how many shouts are in the display window[/b]
Thanks for this!

In the meantime I updated both SMF and TP and generally just set up the website from scratch again. I shall add the smilies manually, and just live with the Last 100 Shouts line I suppose. :) If I figure anything out myself, I'll post it here.

fouad

hi everyone

i have installed tiny portal and pretty much satisfied with it but i am facing a problem. i want to put a menu link like home, profiles, search etc   but couldn't find how to do this in tiny portal.

plz help me out

thanks
Life is multi lap race

DarkAngel612

Quote from: fouad on September 01, 2012, 07:31:25 AM
hi everyone

i have installed tiny portal and pretty much satisfied with it but i am facing a problem. i want to put a menu link like home, profiles, search etc   but couldn't find how to do this in tiny portal.

plz help me out

thanks

this is how I was told to do it and it has worked beautifully. In the spot where it says 'href'=> ' ' --- in between the ' ' place the actual link, especially if it is an article or off site. I never have added a button at the end cause I feel the ones already there should be, but have added links/buttons to the rest of the navigation bar...bear in mind that in some themes they won't look as good as the ones there -- may drop the menu down a line.

Firstly you'll need to open Sources / Subs.php

Scroll down to:

Code: [Select]

// All the buttons we can possible want and then some, try pulling the final list of buttons from cache first.

This is where the tabs are set.

Each button is an entry in a big array. Here is the first button:

'home' => array(
                'title' => $txt['home'],
                'href' => $scripturl,
                'show' => true,
                'sub_buttons' => array(
                ),
            ),

To add a button copy and paste this code between the buttons where you want this button to be located.
Change 'home' to something simple and unique
Change $txt['home'] to the name of your button in quotes
Change $scripturl to the location of your button in quotes
Change show to true (you can do more advanced things with this which will be explained later in the tutorial)
Ignore sub-buttons for now. This can create a drop-down menu and will also be covered later in the tutorial

My example button would look like this, inbetween home and help:

'home' => array(
                'title' => $txt['home'],
                'href' => $scripturl,
                'show' => true,
                'sub_buttons' => array(
                ),
            ),
            'arcade' => array(
                'title' => 'Arcade',
                'href' => 'http://www.mysite.example/arcade',
                'show' => true,
                'sub_buttons' => array(
                ),
            ),
            'help' => array(
                'title' => $txt['help'],
                'href' => $scripturl . '?action=help',
                'show' => true,
                'sub_buttons' => array(
                ),
            ),

Now you just need to save the file and upload with FTP if necessary. You may want to read How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?.
Finally if you use the SMF cache you'll need to clear it by going to the Admin area > Forum Maintenance > Empty the file cache.

If you just want a simple button you can stop reading now, otherwise read on!

Note that if you wish to add a button at the end of the menu it must be placed after the logout button and (after logout / register) you'll need to change is_last to false in login and register:

'is_last' => true,

You also need to add it to your button after :

'sub_buttons' => array(
                ),

Which would make something like this:

'arcade' => array(
                'title' => 'Arcade',
                'href' => 'http://www.mysite.example/arcade',
                'show' => true,
                'sub_buttons' => array(
                ),
                'is_last' => true,

),
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Kindred

Hi DarkAngel,

Instead of typing out that whole thing, you can just link to the wikiw, which explains all of that. :)
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Buttons_-_How_do_I_add_buttons_to_SMF_2.0
Слaва
Украинi

DarkAngel612

I am a lazy sort and will copy/paste into a doc for my comp so I don't have to search for the link, which I lose royally. But do link when I have one...thanks
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

fouad

@ Dark angel

thank you sir .i am new to smf and i highly appreciate your help.
Life is multi lap race

DarkAngel612

you are very welcome

fouad

hello sir i implemented what you said. got the menu button on menu bar but it didn't shows its title. i put its name 'downloads' but on front page of my forum it shows only an invisible block .which can be sensed when i place cursor on it ..
Life is multi lap race

Advertisement: