News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Great to see this out. Thanks for all the hard work. :)

Hero2019

Would it be possible to build sounds into the shoutbox? If someone writes that a sound is coming.

lurkalot

Quote from: Hero2019 on February 14, 2019, 05:43:50 PM
Would it be possible to build sounds into the shoutbox? If someone writes that a sound is coming.

I did put this idea in our feature requests board some time back.  There is plans to add some more features to the shoutbox  but not sure if this one of them.  That said, I agree it would be a good idea.

Hero2019

DarkAngel612

YES please at least a tiny ching, beep, glass breaking to let us know there is a new shout.
Another thing about the articles....last I heard (which is why I have not gotten newer version) I think it was stated that the articles and blocks that are html/javascript may need to be redone and the original ones would not work right. Is this still that way or is that what the statement saying the blocks are now working means, no more needing to redo them from scratch?
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

lurkalot

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on February 14, 2019, 07:15:32 PM
YES please at least a tiny ching, beep, glass breaking to let us know there is a new shout.
Another thing about the articles....last I heard (which is why I have not gotten newer version) I think it was stated that the articles and blocks that are html/javascript may need to be redone and the original ones would not work right. Is this still that way or is that what the statement saying the blocks are now working means, no more needing to redo them from scratch?

Just turn off the editor before editing, or resaving any of your existing articles, as it might change the layout.  Newly created articles using the editor shouldn't be a problem.

lurkalot

I would also recommend, if there's a feature you'd like to see added to TinyPortal, then please post it over at our support site, in the "Tinyportal Feature Requests" board.  It will have a better chance of getting seen. ;)

RML

Hello. I have a question. Is there a special reason why the user block looks different on SMF 2.1 than 2.0? I mean the guest view with login and register. I miss that login form in the block.

@rjen

Can you post a link where it is missing? It works for me....
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Never mind: I see what you mean.

And no, that's not intentional, need to check

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on February 19, 2019, 11:12:51 AM
Can you post a link where it is missing? It works for me....

I'd like to see the link also, as it works for me. Shows the same as it does at the very top of SMF 2.1 when not logged in. As seen here down the left hand side, https://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php

"Welcome to Test Site Three. Please login or sign up."

@rjen

It is not the link, but the login box below that is missing.

I'll post a fix in a minute...

@rjen

It is bug in the template, not working quite correctly in 2.1.

I will submit a fix for TP.

In the meantime, if you are OK to fix a file yourself, apply the fix below: to TPsubs.template.php

Find:

// Otherwise they're a guest - so politely ask them to register or login.
else if(strpos($forum_version, '2.1') !== false) {
    echo '
<ul class="floatleft welcome">
<li>', sprintf($txt[$context['can_register'] ? 'welcome_guest_register' : 'welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title'], $context['forum_name_html_safe'], $scripturl . '?action=login', 'return reqOverlayDiv(this.href, ' . JavaScriptEscape($txt['login']) . ');', $scripturl . '?action=signup'), '</li>
</ul>';
    }
    else {
echo '
<div style="line-height: 1.4em;">', $bullet , sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']), '<br>', $bullet2, $context['current_time'], '</div>
<form style="margin-top: 5px;" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" >
<input type="text" name="user" size="10" /> <input type="password" name="passwrd" size="10" /><br>
<select name="cookielength">
<option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
<option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
<option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
<option value="302400">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
<option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" />
<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
</form>
<div style="line-height: 1.4em;">', $txt['quick_login_dec'], '</div>
<br>';
}
echo '
</div>';

and replace by

// Otherwise they're a guest - so politely ask them to register or login.
else {
if(strpos($forum_version, '2.1') !== false) {
echo '
<div style="line-height: 1.4em;">', sprintf($txt[$context['can_register'] ? 'welcome_guest_register' : 'welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title'], $context['forum_name_html_safe'], $scripturl . '?action=login', 'return reqOverlayDiv(this.href, ' . JavaScriptEscape($txt['login']) . ');', $scripturl . '?action=signup'), '<br><br>', $context['current_time'], '</div>';
}
else {
echo '
<div style="line-height: 1.4em;">', sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']), '<br><br>', $context['current_time'], '</div>';
}
echo '
<form style="margin-top: 5px;" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" >
<input type="text" name="user" size="10" class="input_text" style="max-width: 45%!important;"/> <input type="password" name="passwrd" size="10" class="input_password" style="max-width: 45%!important;"/><br>
<select name="cookielength">
<option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
<option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
<option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
<option value="302400">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
<option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" class="button_submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" />
<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
</form>
<div style="line-height: 1.4em;" class="middletext">', $txt['quick_login_dec'], '</div>';
}
echo '
</div>';

That works for both 2.0 and 2.1...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on February 19, 2019, 12:44:21 PM
It is not the link, but the login box below that is missing.

I'll post a fix in a minute...

Oops.  :-[ Yes I didn't even notice that was missing. Shows how often I use it. lol..

Thanks for the fix though, it can go into TP 1.6.3  ;)

RML

Thanks a lot @rjen, it worked, the login box is back. :D

@rjen

You're welcome.

As you can see there may still be some small issues with 2.1 support that we have not found yet: so let us know if you run into anything else...

RML

There is one other thing I noticed so far, not a big problem but still... When I change the theme in the Tehemes box it takes me to the forum after the change instead of staying on the portal. ("How to redirect after login" is set to "Redirect to frontpage" if it matters.)

RML

Sorry, it's me again. I found another problem, shoutbox doesn't work for members. I have enabled it for all membergroups but only admin can write message for the others there is no textarea to write although they can see the shoutbox.

lurkalot

Go:  Admin > Members > Permissions >> Regular members > Modify.  Tick the box "Can Post Shouts" and save.

@rjen

Advertisement: