News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RML

Oops, sorry, I didn't notice it, I used Simple Portal before and there was no option for shoutbox in permisson settings so I didn't even think of it. Thanks.

@rjen

Quote from: RML on February 20, 2019, 08:14:39 AM
There is one other thing I noticed so far, not a big problem but still... When I change the theme in the Tehemes box it takes me to the forum after the change instead of staying on the portal. ("How to redirect after login" is set to "Redirect to frontpage" if it matters.)

There is a fix for this in Tportal.php...

loadLanguage('TPortal', 'english');
44 44  
45 45     $context['TPortal'] = array();
46 $context['TPortal']['querystring'] = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
47 46  
48 47     if(!isset($context['forum_name']))
49 48     $context['forum_name'] = '';
... ... @@ -53,6 +52,8 @@ function TPortal_init()
53 52  
54 53     // Add all the TP settings into ['TPortal']
55 54     setupTPsettings();
55 +      // Setup querystring
56 $context['TPortal']['querystring'] = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
56 57  
57 58     // go back on showing attachments..
58 59     if(isset($_GET['action']) && $_GET['action'] == 'dlattach')
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

RML

ufolog100

Setting -  Frontpage - Forum-posts and articles - sorted on date - this does not work correctly. Shows the topics instead of the posts on the first page. How do I fix it? I want to see the last Forum posts on the first page.

CGF

I need some help guys, i just installed the mod, but when i try to add an article i get error Forbidden, u are not allowed to modify index.php

So help please :)

@rjen

Quote from: CGF on March 04, 2019, 11:32:10 PM
I need some help guys, i just installed the mod, but when i try to add an article i get error Forbidden, u are not allowed to modify index.php

Can you please provide more information , like forum version, is it a new forum, what mods are installed? Did TP install withou errors? What errors did you get if any?
And HOW are you trying to add an article?
There is nothing in Tinyportal that would try to edit index.php... (as far as I know)

CGF

Quote from: @rjen on March 05, 2019, 01:14:40 AM

Can you please provide more information , like forum version, is it a new forum, what mods are installed? Did TP install withou errors? What errors did you get if any?
And HOW are you trying to add an article?
There is nothing in Tinyportal that would try to edit index.php... (as far as I know)

forum is fresh installed, with latest version of TP too
smf version 2.0.15

i try to add an article from the TP menu, articles, HTML

thanks in advance for help

lurkalot

Sounds more like a mod security issue to me.  Ask your host if they are running it on your server, then politely ask them to disable it for you.

@rjen

Quote from: ufolog100 on March 04, 2019, 03:58:06 PM
Setting -  Frontpage - Forum-posts and articles - sorted on date - this does not work correctly. Shows the topics instead of the posts on the first page. How do I fix it? I want to see the last Forum posts on the first page.

The functionality is, that the frontpage shows indeed the topics and articles sorted on date (create date of the topic, not date of last reply to the topic). I can see that the description may suggest otherwise, buit it works as designed.

Unfortunately there is no simple change to make it work that way you want...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on March 05, 2019, 02:03:14 AM
Quote from: ufolog100 on March 04, 2019, 03:58:06 PM

The functionality is, that the frontpage shows indeed the topics and articles sorted on date (create date of the topic, not date of last reply to the topic). I can see that the description may suggest otherwise, buit it works as designed.

Unfortunately there is no simple change to make it work that way you want...

@rjen, think maybe we should reword that setting for the next version. It's been like that for a long time and never questioned before,  which surprises me some what now it's been brought to attention.

@rjen

You are right, we can update that to prevent confusion.

On another note: I am just wondering how the OP imagines it would work if the frontpage would really show the posts?

Just show the last post? or show the topics as they do now but reorder them based on the most recent post added instead of the topic creation?

ufolog100

How can I change the language of the user Module?

Show unread
Show replies
Show own posts
Show latest comments
Total Logged In:
Write HTML article
Write BBC article

My articles
Upload file
Manage settings
Manage blocks
Manage articles
Manage TPdownloads

I want to translate it into which file these meanings are recorded?

@rjen

They are from multiple language files...

TPortal.english.php:
$txt['tp-loggedintime'] = 'Total Logged In:';

TPmodules.english-utf8.php:
$txt['tp-submitarticle'] ='Write HTML article';

TPortal.english.php:
$txt['permissionname_tp_blocks'] = 'Manage blocks';

so you need to hunt through a number of files... better get a translation pack from the support site (if available in your language) ...

https://www.tinyportal.net

ufolog100

Quote from: @rjen on March 05, 2019, 05:10:52 PM
They are from multiple language files...

TPortal.english.php:
$txt['tp-loggedintime'] = 'Total Logged In:';

TPmodules.english-utf8.php:
$txt['tp-submitarticle'] ='Write HTML article';

TPortal.english.php:
$txt['permissionname_tp_blocks'] = 'Manage blocks';

so you need to hunt through a number of files... better get a translation pack from the support site (if available in your language) ...

https://www.tinyportal.net [nofollow]
thank you

njtweb

Mick, I got a new workstation and have forgotten my pw. I don't even remember the email I used to sign up.

I have a bug to report. I am currently running TP 1.6.0 When I or a member post a new topic with an attachment the "Read More" link goes away on the front page.

lurkalot

Quote from: njtweb on March 06, 2019, 01:26:49 PM
Mick, I got a new workstation and have forgotten my pw. I don't even remember the email I used to sign up.

I have a bug to report. I am currently running TP 1.6.0 When I or a member post a new topic with an attachment the "Read More" link goes away on the front page.

Ok, not sure why that is, but firstly upgrade to TP 1.6.2 and see if that cures your problem, you are a couple of versions behind.

Secondly I'll sort your login over at tinyportal.net, and get back to you.  ;)

Antes

I just noticed, TP has an extra empty div. This is blocking core css definition on cat_bar+windowbg to work.

@rjen

It may be that it's there on purpose to overrule the windowbg layout in 2.1.

How is it blocking you, and where exactly? Link?

Antes

4everBlue

Where do we find the translations for old and new versions now?

Advertisement: