News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

SMF 2.0.18

TinyPortal 2.0.1

What to display on frontpage: Promoted topics + articles - sorted on date

How frontpanel will be shown with content: Hide frontpanel, unless otherwise selected.

Articles layout for the frontpage: A

Layout type: normal + links

Number of articles/topics to display on frontpage: (5)

Sorting order for articles on frontpage: Sort by date

Allow full display of forum-topics on the frontpage (enabled)

Display forum-topics on frontpage from: not assigned

Number of characters to display per forum-topic: 400

Header style for frontpage topics: cat_bar

Title style for frontpage topics: catbg

Frame style for frontpage topics: windowbg

User Andrey

Bugreport: the smf 2.0.18 site becomes completely non-responsive if TinyPortal is installed and width of site is fixed (e.g. to 98%).

The mod is very useful. Thanks a lot.

shadav

what do you mean site becomes completely non-responsive?
as in? something isn't working or as in it doesn't adjust to browser size?
what theme are you using, does this do this with the default theme or other themes?

@rjen

Quote from: andreifrommsk on November 21, 2021, 09:22:06 AMBugreport: the smf 2.0.18 site becomes completely non-responsive if TinyPortal is installed and width of site is fixed (e.g. to 98%).

No clue what you are reporting. Please provide more details if you require our assistance
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

User Andrey

Bugreport: the smf 2.0.18 site becomes completely non-responsive if TinyPortal is installed and width of site is fixed (e.g. to 98%).

Quote from: shadav on November 21, 2021, 10:43:52 AMwhat do you mean site becomes completely non-responsive?
what theme are you using, does this do this with the default theme or other themes?

The site is 3 times wider than the screen of the iphone. So 2/3 of site content is out of the screen on the right. The theme is default Curve. Just try to set the width in the admin panel. The issue is also reproducible in the desktop browser when I'm trying to minimize the window size.

@rjen

Quote from: andreifrommsk on November 21, 2021, 02:00:25 PMBugreport: the smf 2.0.18 site becomes completely non-responsive if TinyPortal is installed and width of site is fixed (e.g. to 98%).

Quote from: shadav on November 21, 2021, 10:43:52 AMwhat do you mean site becomes completely non-responsive?

The site is 3 times wider than the screen of the iphone. So 2/3 of site content is out of the screen on the right. The theme is default Curve. Just try to set the width in the admin panel. The issue is also reproducible in the desktop browser when I'm trying to minimize the window size.

TinyPortal is only responsive if the theme you use is responsive. Default curve is NOT responsive: TinyPortal will not make it so!

You need to find a responsive theme or install the responsive curve mod ...

If you have a responsive theme, then check the TinyPortal settings, and make sure the the theme is indeed marked as a responsive theme...

shadav

Quote from: andreifrommsk on November 21, 2021, 02:00:25 PMBugreport: the smf 2.0.18 site becomes completely non-responsive if TinyPortal is installed and width of site is fixed (e.g. to 98%).

sorry that is nothing to do with the mod as arjen mentioned you'll need to install a mod to make the default theme (curve) responsive
you can install either the Responsive Curve mod or the Hilbert to do this

User Andrey

Quote from: shadav on November 21, 2021, 02:40:55 PM

sorry that is nothing to do with the mod as arjen mentioned you'll need to install a mod to make the default theme (curve) responsive
you can install either the Responsive Curve mod or the Hilbert to do this

Installing of Responsive Curve doesn't solve the issue (the same behaviour like described above). Only removal of site width in settings fixed the problem. But setting site width feature may be needed in some cases.

lurkalot

Quote from: andreifrommsk on November 21, 2021, 04:17:49 PMInstalling of Responsive Curve doesn't solve the issue (the same behaviour like described above). Only removal of site width in settings fixed the problem. But setting site width feature may be needed in some cases.

Did you Deselect your theme from the TinyPortal settings page as mentioned above, and clear your browser cache?

landyvlad

Q: I've installed TP on my forum which uses feather theme.
I don't need to use any of the blocks across the whole forum. These reason I am using TP on the site is for articles - something I'm not very familiar with.

Is there somewhere I can read a "how to" on those.

Use case: The extended forum rules and guidelines will be in an article.
How do I display that in a thread?
How do I display that on a page? (i.e. linked from header menu for example) 
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

@rjen

Quote from: andreifrommsk on November 21, 2021, 04:17:49 PMInstalling of Responsive Curve doesn't solve the issue (the same behaviour like described above). Only removal of site width in settings fixed the problem. But setting site width feature may be needed in some cases.

Can you please provide a link to the forum where this is happening?

shadav

Quote from: landyvlad on November 21, 2021, 07:07:17 PMQ: I've installed TP on my forum which uses feather theme.
I don't need to use any of the blocks across the whole forum. These reason I am using TP on the site is for articles - something I'm not very familiar with.

Is there somewhere I can read a "how to" on those.

Use case: The extended forum rules and guidelines will be in an article.
How do I display that in a thread?
How do I display that on a page? (i.e. linked from header menu for example) 

I can't answer any of your other questions  :laugh: but to add items to the menu I used this mod
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2657
for example I have an article category called Contests
so I used the mod above to add that category link to my menu
and then did the same with one of the articles

I then also use this mod to arrange the menu items
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=2348

according to the download page here's a link to their docs (I should probably read through them as well at some point  :laugh:  ) https://www.tinyportal.net/docs/index.php

landyvlad

Thanks. The feather theme has options for some links in the top area so I should be covered on that front. I appreciate the input though. :D

Yeah that would have been the obvious place to check LOL.
I'm posting this (an above) from work computer and that website is blocked by firewall because of the word hacks...
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

User Andrey

I use TinyPortal 2.1.0 on two forums: the one with SMF 2.0.18 and the second with SMF 2.1RC4. On both - sorting of articles by position doesn't work. Sorting by date works, but it's not convenient.

BTW: great quality mod!

User Andrey

Quote from: User Andrey on November 26, 2021, 05:43:56 AMI use TinyPortal 2.1.0 on two forums: the one with SMF 2.0.18 and the second with SMF 2.1RC4. On both - sorting of articles by position doesn't work. Sorting by date works, but it's not convenient.

BTW: great quality mod!

Resolved by configuring both front-page settings and category settings to sort by position.

Dr Web

Quote from: shadav on November 22, 2021, 05:18:38 AMI can't answer any of your other questions  :laugh: but to add items to the menu I used this mod
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2657
for example I have an article category called Contests
so I used the mod above to add that category link to my menu
and then did the same with one of the articles

I then also use this mod to arrange the menu items
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=2348

Shadav,

I am trying to follow your instructions here, but, how do you have that article category
called Contests? To add article categories, you need to have some Mod, right?   
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction ;D

shadav

In your tinyportal admin section
under articles click on categories
there you can add categories
after you add the category, on the right hand side you should see a magnifying glass that will take you to the category link, copy that link

then if you installed the mods I posted, in your admin under configuration go to modification settings then go to custom button settings
and here you can enable a custom menu button
give it whatever title you want and post the url you copied into the spot for the url
save

then in your admin under configuration go to menu order
and you can change what order you want your menu to be in

Dr Web

I followed your instructions, but for some reason I have a button with the word Articles duplicated. Please see the menun_button attachment.

The category on TP is Articles, and the menu button label on the Custom Buttons Mod is also Articles.

Then I tried to install the Menu Order Mod, and after uploading the zip file to the Packages folder, I don't have the Install link in the Packages Manager. Please see the no_install_link attachment.

Any idea why these things are happening?

Thanks a lot. 
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction ;D

@rjen

Quote from: Dr Web on November 30, 2021, 11:47:38 AMI followed your instructions, but for some reason I have a button with the word Articles duplicated. Please see the menun_button attachment.

The category on TP is Articles, and the menu button label on the Custom Buttons Mod is also Articles.

Then I tried to install the Menu Order Mod, and after uploading the zip file to the Packages folder, I don't have the Install link in the Packages Manager. Please see the no_install_link attachment.

Any idea why these things are happening?

Thanks a lot. 

This has nothing to do with TinyPortal, perhaps post in correct mod support thread?

Dr Web

Quote from: @rjen on November 30, 2021, 12:06:10 PMThis has nothing to do with TinyPortal, perhaps post in correct mod support thread?

Are you sure? Read it again, and the post I am responding to. Maybe you find something to do with TP.

Advertisement: