News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

1. No clue

2. Removing that code is not needed in my suggestion

3. In TinyPortal

4. No clue, may not even related as far as I can tell

5. No clue, different question it seems
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

jsx

The inscription that overlaps the avatar looks like a bug. On your site I see that the posts are displaying and none are collapsed. Maybe I have some option turned on that causes this or something like that.

@rjen

Quote from: jsx on September 20, 2022, 01:08:10 PMThe inscription that overlaps the avatar looks like a bug.

Link to your forum where we can inspect the 'bug'?

@rjen

OK, found your site after a bit of searching.

The avatar issue is caused by your theme, so cannot fix that in TinyPortal.

I see this styling in your index file:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/6.1.1/css/all.min.css">
   <style>
   img.avatar {max-width: 110px !important;max-height: 110px !important;}

.postarea .bbc_img, .list_posts .bbc_img, .post .inner .bbc_img, form#reported_posts .bbc_img, #preview_body .bbc_img { max-width: min(100%,900px); }

.postarea .bbc_img, .list_posts .bbc_img, .post .inner .bbc_img, form#reported_posts .bbc_img, #preview_body .bbc_img { max-height: 600px; }

#top_section .inner_wrap, #wrapper, #header, footer .inner_wrap, #nav_wrapper
         {
            max-width: 92%;
            width: 92%;
         }
         @Media screen and (max-width: 991px)
         {
            #top_section .inner_wrap, #wrapper, #header, footer .inner_wrap, #nav_wrapper
            {
               max-width: 95%;
               width: 100%;
            }
         }

</style>

This inline style is overruling all css statements later, due to the !important setting, and causing the tinyportal latout to be broken...
Is this styling standard for the theme, or did you add that yourself? It seems a bit random to be standard for the theme...

@rjen

Quote5. If I publish two posts on the home page of the portal, only one post is displayed in full, the other is collapsed. Why is this happening?

What layout type are you using for the frontpage?

Without more details or an example I really cannot answer your questions...

jsx

Quote from: @rjen on September 20, 2022, 04:21:00 PMThe avatar issue is caused by your theme, so cannot fix that in TinyPortal.

The same bug is on the default SMF Curve theme.

Quote from: @rjen on September 20, 2022, 04:26:27 PMWhat layout type are you using for the frontpage?

These are my frontpage settings:

@rjen

The css that I posted is not from he Default Curve theme: SOMETHING has added that css that causes the layout to break, if it is not the theme then most likely one of the Mods your are using...

What Mods have you installed? Anything related to avatars?

@rjen

As for the frontpage: in your screenshot I see you are using the "Normal + links" layout type: that is designed to do exactly that: show the first article in full (normal) mode, and showing a Link to the following articles...

switch to "Normal articles" if you want to see the same layout as on my site...

Diego Andrés

If I recall correctly, that avatar inline style is added by SMF when you save the avatar size in the settings.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

jsx

Quote from: @rjen on September 21, 2022, 07:38:18 AMThe css that I posted is not from he Default Curve theme: SOMETHING has added that css that causes the layout to break, if it is not the theme then most likely one of the Mods your are using...

What Mods have you installed? Anything related to avatars?

I don't have any mod installed that is related to avatars. I ran a test and put a 110x110 avatar with a background.

And as you can see "Posted in" overlaps the avatar background, I think you didn't anticipate that it would overlap the avatar. That's why you set "Posted in" to such a distance from the avatar in css.

Quote from: @rjen on September 21, 2022, 07:40:27 AMAs for the frontpage: in your screenshot I see you are using the "Normal + links" layout type: that is designed to do exactly that: show the first article in full (normal) mode, and showing a Link to the following articles...

switch to "Normal articles" if you want to see the same layout as on my site...

Thanks for the clarification. Now the posts are displayed correctly.

@rjen

Quote from: Diego Andrés on September 21, 2022, 08:36:10 AMIf I recall correctly, that avatar inline style is added by SMF when you save the avatar size in the settings.

Never seen that before, tried to reproduce it, but no luck... tips?

@rjen

QuoteAnd as you can see "Posted in" overlaps the avatar background, I think you didn't anticipate that it would overlap the avatar.

In my forums it does not overlap, because Tinyportal is applying a max-width css to it...

jsx

@rjen

Quote from: jsx on September 21, 2022, 08:59:55 AMAvatar 110x110:

I can see the result, please let me know where you set your avatar to this size?

ok, I found it, it is below setting, and yes, this is something the we never considered in the TinyPortal setup: the SMF inline style is overwriting the .css
It only happens if you set it to "Resize it in the user's browser", try to set it to: "Download and resize it on the server"  instead...

For future support: it would really help if you clearly specify in the questions what it is you are referring to:
what do you expect,
what is wrong,
what did you do to create the result,
what setting,
where is it made, etc...

so we can help more quickly....

You cannot view this attachment.

@rjen

Or edit tp-style.css

find
.article_info div.tp_avatar_single {
  border: none;
  float: left;
  max-width: 80px;
}

replace width
.article_info div.tp_avatar_single {
  border: none;
}

But to be honest: using that setting in SMF may give you more issues in the forum...

This is what I see when I changed the setting to 300px x 300px in the forum itself...
The SMF Curve theme is not dealing with avatars being resized in the browser very well either...

You cannot view this attachment.

jsx

Quote from: @rjen on September 21, 2022, 09:19:46 AMIt only happens if you set it to "Resize it in the user's browser", try to set it to: "Download and resize it on the server"  instead...

If I set 'Download and resize it on the server', the avatar will be reduced at this location on the home page of the portal and the avatar looks good too.

Quote from: @rjen on September 21, 2022, 09:19:46 AMFor future support: it would really help if you clearly specify in the questions what it is you are referring to:
what do you expect,
what is wrong,
what did you do to create the result,
what setting,
where is it made, etc...

Ok, I'll remember.

Quote from: @rjen on September 21, 2022, 09:52:59 AMOr edit tp-style.css

Thank you for this tutorial, when I set it to 110px it's okay.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: @rjen on September 21, 2022, 09:52:59 AMBut to be honest: using that setting in SMF may give you more issues in the forum...

This is what I see when I changed the setting to 300px x 300px in the forum itself...
The SMF Curve theme is not dealing with avatars being resized in the browser very well either...

It's a strange setting indeed, it doesn't do now what I presume it intended 8-10 years ago.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

@rjen

Fix included in TP2.2.3: tp-style.css

Find:
.tp_avatar_single img {
border-radius: 2px;
}

Change to:
.tp_avatar_single img {
border-radius: 2px;
width: 65px;