News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cihancan

Hello
First of all, I'm sorry that my english is not good.
I moved my website to another hosting company. I am getting the following error when trying to download and install the TinyPortal package.

Invalid default value for 'item_type'
Dosya: /home/mehmetku/public_html/subdomains/xyz.net/Packages/temp/install.php
Satır: 354

Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

tinoest

What version of SMF are you using?

Also what version of MYSQL or MariaDB are you running?

cihancan

Quote from: tinoest on April 12, 2023, 12:56:26 PMWhat version of SMF are you using?

Smf 2.1.3

Arantor

And what version of MySQL? (This is important.)

tinoest

Quote from: cihancan on April 12, 2023, 03:47:02 PM
Quote from: tinoest on April 12, 2023, 12:56:26 PMWhat version of SMF are you using?

Smf 2.1.3

Have you install this mod which is needed for SMF 2.1.3 https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=item177

It can be removed after as it just fixes an issue with SMF 2.1.3 and the installer.

@rjen

Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Greyhound

For clarification....I have a 2.1.3 install that I upraded from SMF 2.0.

I originally tried back in 2022 to install TP but it didn't work, which is a know installer issue for 2.1.3.  

Even with the latest version of TP, do I need to install the fix mod first and then install TP?  If that is the case, do you remove the fix mod after TP is installed correctly? 

Thanks. 

@rjen

The fix is needed only if you are running SMF 2.1.3 and you have a previous install of TP in your database.

Method is:
1. Install the fix
2. Install TP

You should leave the fix installed in case you need to re install TP later

Fix should be uninstalled whenever you want to patch to SMF 2.1.4 in future

Sir Osis of Liver

Any chance TP inherits content from SP?  Looking at upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1, SP does not support 2.1.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

@rjen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on April 21, 2023, 01:19:54 PMAny chance TP inherits content from SP? 

Meaning? Conversion of content, like blocks etc?

we looked into it a few years back, but it never really took off. Not sure if some of the initial conversion script would be available, and if so it was very limited...

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, thanks.  Will do it the hard way.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

mack420

so i think this is the support thread for tinyportal issues and so here goes

I added a block for a twitter timeline feed and made it html, added the code from twitters developer site, saved it, but the feed didn't show, so I changed the type of box to bbc and that didn't work, so I then changed it to php and that made the content of my site disappear, so I cannot see my message boards, members list, nothing at all which means I cannot edit that block or delete it and I was told in another thread for 2.1 support that it may be possible to do so and to ask in this thread, again, hope I got the right one and hope I can get some with this

I can use repair settings to disable hooks and then uninstall tinyportal and just not use it, but am wondering if there is another way

@rjen

Yes there is

you can add noblocks to the end of the your site address, this should let you get back on to your site, and then you can turn off the offending block in admin. 

Example:  http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?action=admin;noblocks;

tinoest

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on April 21, 2023, 08:48:14 PMOk, thanks.  Will do it the hard way.

FYI it's here, it will delete all existing article, shout and block data in TinyPortal and attempt to convert from SimplePortal.

It's limited in the blocks it converts as it only does PHP, html and bbc. I didn't see the point in the others as they're easy to recreate.

https://github.com/tinoest/TinyPortal-Importer

mack420

Quote from: @rjen on April 22, 2023, 01:57:13 AMYes there is

you can add noblocks to the end of the your site address, this should let you get back on to your site, and then you can turn off the offending block in admin. 

Example:  http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?action=admin;noblocks;

ok that worked to get to my admin section, but everytime i click on the tinyportal to go to the block section i get nothing

how do i access my tinyportal admin section and more importantly the block section where i can delete the block causing this????

never mind, i figured it out and my site is working, thank you all for helping me, thank you, problem solved

@rjen

Curious what went wrong with my link.. mind sharing how you fixed it?

DeadMan...

I tell it how I see it... Don't like it? Hit Alt+F4!

mack420

Quote from: DeadMan... on April 22, 2023, 02:58:50 PM[quote author=@rjen link=msg=4150842 date=1682143033]Example:  http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?action=admin;noblocks;

More likely had to be:

index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=blocks;noblocks
[/quote]

this is what i had to end up doing

i hovered over the link to tinyportal and added tpadmin to the end, then hovered over blocks link and added the sablocks or whatever to the end and got in, deleted the messed up block and like magic my site was back to how it was before i messed it up

again i thank you and a thanks to @rjen for the link to get to my admin section and hey, i'm not a complete dumbass, i did kinda figure out to add those other words to the link to gain more access, lol, but yea, thanks to you guys more than myself, i wouldn't have a forum as clean as i got with smf and its developers and all you guys helping support it, so yea, later and peace

@rjen

Glad you got it sorted. This is a question that comes back over time: php blocks are very powerful but also dangerous, as a simple typo may make a syntax error and cause an entire page not to load.

And if you happen to make that mistake in a block that loads on all pages, including the admin section, this may be the result. That is exactly why the Noblocks option is there...

I personally always deactivate panels in the admin section (first option in the panel settings). That way your admin section is alway accessible, even when you have a bad block...

Heike

In my old forum I had a button with which I could post posts on the front page. Unfortunately this is missing in the new forum, 2.1.3 current version TinyPortal.
Is there a way to add this button?

Unfortunately, the photo setting does not work otherwise I would have shown it.

Advertisement: