News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguz

Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

NightOwl

Hi Bloc,

I've been using your nice work (Helio theme, with some minor modifications) as the main theme. Seems, there are problems with it working with TinyPortal. It will much appreciated if you can give me a step by step installation guide with both the theme and TPt.

Thanks alots.

minor modifications:

• Modify the template to divide the display in a 100 pixel left column. Seems this will not be needed if TinyPortal can run smoothly on Helio theme.
  • Some CSS modification, color change mostly and guess doesn't hurt anything
  • Chat mod installed- This really cause me some troubles with installing it upon Helio theme. But it was done with quite some manual editing php files.
  • Much security modifications on index page, including block news from guest etc. If TinyPortal could manage blocking guest would be nice

bloc

The chat mod...i could help with that, but direct support for it in TinyPortal is not currently planned. As for blocking news from guests I am not sure if it already is supported in SMF? Have to check that.

bloc

Quote from: Anguz on February 16, 2005, 04:23:48 AM
Quote from: Bloc on February 16, 2005, 04:03:39 AM
Yes, worked like a charm. :)

I'm glad. :D

Like the coding style there too. :) Shows I have a lot to learn yet. But slowly getting there.. ;D

NightOwl

Quote from: Bloc on February 16, 2005, 05:53:08 AM
As for blocking news from guests I am not sure if it already is supported in SMF? Have to check that.

Block guest viewing news can be done with the red code added in template:

if (!empty($settings['enable_news']) && ($context['user']['is_logged']))
               echo '<td width="55%" style="padding-right: 10px;" width="50%" align="left" valign="bottom">'. $topbox.'<div style="padding: 6px; text-align: center;">'.$context['random_news_line'].'</div>'.$botbox.'</td>';

I've have edit things manually cause my site is member-based, something like game clans site. So we don't want our enemies know what we are doing in the News.

The chatroom indicator are also modified with the above blocking solution too. Since the TinyPortal will have full control of the template, I think that will be trouble for my admins to do alternations  afterwards. Since I have to make blocks viewable for login user only.

Adrian Malacoda

I enjoy using the TinyPortal mod, but I found something that might be wrong: When I use Internet Explorer to add or edit articles the article ALWAYS reads 'Type content here' or whatever. I think it might be a problem with the Aplos editor.

Second, whenever I create an article which uses an intro, clicking 'Read more' on the article page won't display the rest of the article.

But really, I like the mod. Keep up teh good work!

bloc

Yes, the "readmore" bug I am aware of. It will be gone in the next release. As for IE doing something wrong, I have to check further. I might add option of just using BBC or html in a normal textbox too, in case AplosRTE does not work properly.

azuregenesis

hey bloc,

i just wanted to know how to integrate this with your "themis" theme. i would love for this to be in the sidebar instead of a front page :)

bloc

I will shortly post both Themis and other of my themes converted for use in this portal.

It will however be with a frontpage, since that is essentially what this mod is about. ;) If there are more people wanting that option, I might do it, but right now I hesitate to just put it in.

Tanks

Quote from: Bloc on February 13, 2005, 11:42:19 AM
It will need an unmodified index.template file.

I get the same error. If i install a unmodified index.template will my other installed mods stop working ??

I really want this mod, but im so scared my board will stop working  :o

my board is on www.greatwildlands.com

These are the mods i have on my forum:

Actions in Profile Display   
Banner Manager   
Location Mod - Who Flags   
Location Mod   
G&S_Sticky   
Location Mod - Additional Maps   
Integrated Chat   Message
Icon Manager   
OnLine Users Today   
Lots_o_Smileys   
Regular Groups   
SMF 1.0.1 Update Package   
TinyPortal <-- not installed, only uploaded

BTW: i only have the default theme installed.  :D

Tanks

Well i finally got this mod installed.  :D Everything is running smoothly, but my banners are gone. Any idea how to fix this ??  ::)

cx_one

First I thank you for the mod, I'm loving it.

I think I found a way to make the mod faster.
There are a lot of   IF ..... ELSEIF ..... ELSE in the source.
I started to replace this with SWITCH - CASE.

If you want, I can send you the modified source when I've completed it.

Greets cx_one

greets cx_one

bloc

Yes, you could send that when you are done if you like. I need to examine it first before possibly using it.

Midgard

Need a banner block for my banner mod. For Powered-Banners

bloc

I will add a blocktype that can do php...but I won't set up built-in block for just that.

bloc

Quote from: Knat on February 17, 2005, 09:33:23 AM
Well i finally got this mod installed. :D Everything is running smoothly, but my banners are gone. Any idea how to fix this ?? ::)

It depends on how the banners were inserted in the code in the first place....was it manually..or through a option of a theme/mod?

Tanks

Quote from: Bloc on February 18, 2005, 06:26:51 AM
Quote from: Knat on February 17, 2005, 09:33:23 AM
Well i finally got this mod installed. :D Everything is running smoothly, but my banners are gone. Any idea how to fix this ?? ::)

It depends on how the banners were inserted in the code in the first place....was it manually..or through a option of a theme/mod?

I used the banner-mod, should i uninstall the banner mod, and then install it again to add all the banners ??

bloc

No, don't uninstall it...but you need to trace back what was done in index.template.php and just apply the same again. I will have a quick look at what this mod does.

bloc

ok, after looking at that, you need to check whether these 2 lines are present in index.template.php file:

- showBanner($zone = 'top');
- showBanner($zone = 'bottom');

If they are not....

Look at the mod and see what it does:
<edit file>
$themedir/index.template.php
</edit file>

<search for>
<td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 20px 2ex 20px;">';
}
</search for>

<replace>
<td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 20px 2ex 20px;">';
showBanner($zone = 'top');
}
</replace>

<search for>
function template_main_below()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;
</search for>

<replace>
function template_main_below()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;

showBanner($zone = 'bottom');
</replace>

Search for the code blocks and then insert those mod-banner lines. Then it should work, because the mod does not modify anything that Tinyportal touches.

kerux4

ok, when I try to install this, I get the following

2: copy(index.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied

How do i fix this??
C-YA,
Mike

Advertisement: