News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boilinggold

Hi,

I have just installed SMF, the latest version is 1.1.3
Now I found out that most mods I wanted to use are compatible up to 1.1.2 only.
I wonder when will the mods be upgraded to be compatible to the latest version of SMF?

Btw, nice work, Bloc on the Amber theme. The best I've seen so far. I will most probably stick to it.
However some of the menu items from other mods do not appear in your Amber theme. i.e., smf blog, gallery, etc.

Also, I badly need your TinyPortal mod. Download for it has been suspended.

When is the next release coming up?

Tick

You can download the Tiny Portal mod now.  Go to http://tinyportal.net  YOu can also get support for all of Bloc's themes there.  That is his site.

pcbonez

Time to update this,,,, ya think?

TrueSatan

No...the mod is not fully supported here but if you go to Tiny Portal's own site it is completely up to date and fully maintained with an active support provided there too.

Dantesue

Hey folks. I am sure you can help me if I am clear about what I need.

Here goes:

I downloaded TinyPortal. I have it on my desktop. In my packages download/upload I cannot upload what is on my desktop. It is TP_0983 Folder.

I did go to the .zip file and hit upload. My FTP shows it there on my host's server.

Now I tried to install from the packages board and I get this:

"Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager."

---

What am I doing wrong?

Dantesue

It looks like everything. I installed a set of smf smileys. No problem. I modified a few pieces of code for the header.

It looks like I may be unclear on the concept of HOW TO install a mod. If there were a better read me on what exactly to do I would do it manually. Time would be more but I would then get to see what is going on and why.

I don't really enjoy using widgets unless I know exactly what they are saving me time on.

Tick

When you go to packages in you admin panel you will see a tab called options.  CLick on that and select the option to make all files writable.   Then you will have to put in you ftp info  after that try it and it should work.  YOu can change them back the same way.   Hope this helps . TIck

Dantesue

thanks, I'll try it. I think I was using mysql info in place of ftp info.

Tick

Ok cool.  Post back if you get stuck and I will try to further assist.  Tick.

Dantesue

I can't believe how easy and effortless this was!

It is all there. The issue was me entering the wrong info for my ftp. (I use a few programs).

(For my own curiosity I will look into a manual upgrade check list just so I know what happens.)

I'd recommend anyone thinking of using smf and tiny portal to jump right in.

thank you.

Dantesue

now on to the TP shout box.

there is nothing wrong with the smf shout box, I downloaded it but I want tiny windows on teh side and the expandability TP is supposed to give me.

see you all around the internet(s).

when my forum has a few more personal quirks added to it, I will link back here.

thanks again.

D.

Tick

Glad you got it. Enjoy.

brianjw

I have a question -

How would I edit the TPortalBlocks.php /.template.php in order to display text above the shoutbox so I can put a little tiny image saying three simple rules of the shoutbox...

Thanks in advance,
Brianjw

G6™

That is a tinyportal question Biran.....

brianjw

exactly and this is the tinyportal topic ;)

G6™

Yes it is, but more a release thread then a support for tinyportal thread as tinyportal have it's own support site  ;)

brianjw

so no one can provide support here? How bout tiny portal media. After all it does have "Tiny Portal" in the name :)

G6™

Yes, tinyportal media does help with tinyportal questions, but the main tinyportal site is best for tp related questions.
tinyportal media is a standalone site and are not a part of tinyportal more then help out with installation of mods and themes for tinyportal.

lwbbs

Suggestion:

If the tagging system is installed before the TinyPortal v0.9.8.
TinyPortal v0.9.8 will fail. Because the following operation.
<file name="$themedir/index.template.php">
    <operation>
        <search position="before"><![CDATA[$current_action = 'admin';
    if (in_array($context['current_action'], array(]]></search>
        <add><![CDATA['tags',]]></add>
    </operation>

This conflict can be solved by manually modified the code.
If Tagging system can change the code to the following:

<file name="$themedir/index.template.php">
    <operation>
        <search position="before"><![CDATA[$current_action = 'admin';
    if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin','calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help','pm']]></search>
        <add><![CDATA[, 'tags']]></add>
    </operation>

The conflict will be solved if TinyPortal v0.9.8 remove two ")))" in tinyportal09x-11x.mod file
(lines 307 and 310). So I suggest TinyPortal  can change it.

<search for>
    if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin','calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))
</search for>
<replace>
    if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin','calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm','forum', 'tpadmin')))
</replace>

to:

<search for>
    if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin','calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm'
</search for>
<replace>
    if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin','calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm','forum', 'tpadmin'
</replace>

Cheap Domain & Hosting
http://www.hostdomainzone.com [nofollow]

perpetuallove

UGH! I think i am just having bad luck today cuz i was doing so good with this stuff til now! lol. I cant get TP to work with other themes..... i have googled and read and read and read some more but nothing seems to help! The theme I am- obviously if you have seen my other posts- DESPERATELY wanting to use is CANDY! lol. I want to edit the colors a bit but i love the set up and will be truly disappointed if i can not get this to work!

Advertisement: