TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzyTedy

Really nice portal!  I'm having a problem with the articles though.  I can not seem to get words to show up at all.  I type an article and "send" it but all I get is :

Today at 04:39:00 AM by
Type content here

I've waited a while to see if it will change but it does not.  When I go back to edit the article all my typing is gone and is back to "Type content here"

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. ~Albert Einstein

bloc

Its IE that have problems sometimes in the editor. Firefox works fine though. I will probably change the editor to another soon.

bloc

For all looking for the next beta (0.5beta) it can be found here. I will update in here too, as soon as the mod system here is sorted out ( I can't update it yet).

xtremecruiser

Be careful if you try and [ Uninstall ] this mod, I used it on my test site and when I tried to [ Uninstall ] it I had this error

26.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Failure

if you try and remove it, nothing will work anymore

Kindred

xtreme...   did you install ANY other mods before or after tinyportal?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bloc

Updated to v.05beta. Quite a few bugs have been fixed, and some new features added as well.

Remember that this is still at beta stage - please test it out on a non-important forum installation first, to check it behaves as intended. Also beware using it with other mods can be tricky if you want to uninstall it.

I recommend that before installing it when other mods are present , or installing other mods afterwards, you take a copy of these files BEFORE installing TinyPortal at all:

{forum folder}/index.php
{forum folder}/Sources/Load.php
{forum folder}/Themes/default/index.template.php

...any modified theme: {forum folder}/Themes/{other themes}/index.template.php

That way, if you un-install TinyPortal and it fails, you could upload these 3 copies again and the site will be back to before installing TinyPortal. There is also some tables named tportal.xxxx in the database, you can erase those too, but they won't affect the forum in any way.

Thasmo

I'm to dumb to install this.

I get this error when using the package manager:

Quote2: copy(/home/www/DOMAIN/htdocs/forum/Themes/default/images/divider.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied
Datei: /home/www/DOMAIN/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Zeile: 814

I have given the correct FTP details,
so, what to do else to get it running?

Thanks!

(Using Version 0.5beta!)

Punkp2p

I have a little problem with TinyPortal.

I can only edit the last 15 articles.  I have around 120 total.

And when i try to look through the categories in normal user view the page links at the bottom keep bouncing me around and i can't view everyone of them.  i guess it would explain a bit better if you looked at it   hxxp:www.punkp2p.com/forums [nonactive] 

I can kinda deal with the page links acting up for now.

But i really need to be able to edit more than the last 15 articles.  Is there any way to get an update to allow viewing and editing all articles in the tpadmin ?

bloc

Update it with the v0.5beta, if you haven't done so. This has been fixed there.

bloc

Quote from: Thasmo on March 18, 2005, 06:19:24 AM
I'm to dumb to install this.

I get this error when using the package manager:

Quote2: copy(/home/www/DOMAIN/htdocs/forum/Themes/default/images/divider.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied
Datei: /home/www/DOMAIN/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Zeile: 814

I have given the correct FTP details,
so, what to do else to get it running?

Thanks!

(Using Version 0.5beta!)

Well, it sounds like a permisson thing..maybe you should try to set some permissions on the forum folders?

Punkp2p

i updated the files for tp v0.5 and now i get this error when i do anything

Unknown column 'off' in 'where clause'
File: /mnt/nfs-1/vol4/web/p/pu/pun/www.punkp2p.com/web/forums/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 169

I can't get to the admin or the forums or anything. please help.

bloc

The MySQL tables did not get updated...just the files. Did you use the package in this thread? It should have updated the tables for you as part of the upgrade.

However, if you need help, send me a PM and I will try to update the database for you.

batgod

This is the best mod ever! Just what I was hoping for,  just starting experimenting with SMF and loving it (a bit too much to my real work and sleeps chagrin)  all of you are so awesome, the very few problems i even had were neatly dealt with in this forum!  Thanks alot, I look forward to getting to know everyone, and after i get this figured out a bit more on my personal site look forward to integrating it into my pet store's and maybe being able to contribute on here!

Thanks alot everyone and keep up the great work!

bloc

Great to hear you like SMF - and the mod. ;D

I think its safe to say a LOT of us suffer from missing sleep due to the fascination of SMF, in a "I-got-explore-this! kind of way....! :)

Anguz

Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Azraeliitti

The links to other pages seem to live their own life. If you try to click older pages in some category, it takes you to older pages in the mainpage.  And none of the links take you to the right page, when you click the page two it takes you to the page five etc. Aslo, the WYSIWYG editor likes to throw empty lines and spaces and is pain in the ass.

amanoffewwords

Hi Bloc,

Love the mod.

Is it possible to have it load the whole forum in the main area. i.e. default to index.php?action=forum?

Cheers
amofw
hxxp:www.ecusb.net [nonactive]

eyvind

Bloc, have you updated the file with all major fixes? I would really like to try this mod out on my website.
--eyvind--

Tanks

Quote from: eyvind on March 20, 2005, 02:09:50 PM
Bloc, have you updated the file with all major fixes? I would really like to try this mod out on my website.

Check out Bloc's website: http://www.bloczone.net/

I think the portal works fine now  ;) but remember to backup your stuff anyway  :o

eyvind

Thank you, you guys are really nice, at my home (aboho.com/forum/, I practivally live there being #12th top poster there) we are all nice, but I have seen that at many forums people get really mean: once I saw a guy ask a question about a game (how to jump, it was a sidescroller kinda thing), and the poeple there practically chased him away, even though he answered his own question beforea nyone had the chance to reply. Sorry for going off topic.

I will be sure to enjoy your portal bloc, you have worked hard on it I can tell.  Scandinavians have a tendency to work hard,  ;).
--eyvind--

Advertisement: