Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtm.exe

Thank you :)

-Dan The Man

dtm.exe

OK, these themes aren't working.  I install them, and then when I go to my profile to change my theme, I get an internal server error.

-Dan The Man

bloc

Are you sure the mod is installed? It will render an error if not.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bloc on March 25, 2005, 06:53:47 PM
Are you sure the mod is installed? It will render an error if not.

D'oh!  HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID?!  Thanks :)

-Dan The Man

sh33zo

I currently have 0.4beta installed and missed the 0.5 beta.. was wondering if i was going to have problems upgrading in the futur? or is it going to be easy to do the upgrade?

bloc

No, the upgrade should go fine. It will upgrade from all previous betas, and keep the settings and data intact.

MentalMuscle

This is a great idea, and perfect for a gaming site were news posting is secondary to the content of the forum.  Plus given the theming capabilities of SMF one site could be used for a gaming community involved in multiple games.  Each member can just be configured to see the content for the game they play, and a theme tailored for each game as well.

Bloc keep up the great work, and if you need any other testers let me know.

nokonium

bloc

Thanks, both. Its getting more stable, and slowly getting to the way I want it. ;)

Mentalmuscle, if you like to be beta-test it, stop by http://www.bloczone.net

opheliagrimm

Bloc, count me in as well.

I am in love with the helios theme and have a close eye on your tiny portal work.

was a bit worried when you first pulled it off the shelf.

Do you have room in your beta program for one more?

dustrho

I had successfully installed this (v0.6.5 release), and then I uninstalled it (I'll explain later).  So, I uninstalled this and now I can't get into my forums.  Any idea on how I should get my forums back up online?  All I get is a white page...

http://www.sandtroopers.com/yabbse/index.php

PLEASE HELP!!!

I never made a backup copy of those three files that have been mentioned (index.php, index.template.php and Load.php), since I wasn't aware to back up those specific files.

PS - I was using the Helios TP theme for this portal.  Should I have switched back to a regular portal before uninstalling the theme?  I hope I don't have to rebuild my forums, because the last time I backed up was about a week ago.

bloc

Nothing is lost, it just that the TP enabled theme tries to fetch something which isn't there no more, most likely. Just upload the UPGRADE version on whatever version of SMF you have and run the upgrade.php. It should sort out any problems with remaining bits of TP in your files.

This has proven to be the biggest obstacle in this mod, so I am currently changing heavily what the install prosess actually changes , for the next release. Making TP enabled themes work as normal even when TP is not present(which they really should)is also at the top of my rather long list. ;)

Teknomancer

Where can I download TinyPortal ?
My SMF Forum:

bloc

For now: http://www.tinyportal.net
But I will soon put it up here again.

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

bloc

Oops. :) Thanks, eldacar.

NezumiRyu

Definitely post when you are going to put the mod back up on here.

I'm interested in beta testing it since I just set up a bare SMF forum and if I loose anything, it's not a big deal. XD I tried to register art your tinyportal.net [nofollow] site to sign up for the beta testing, but I couldn't register.

O_o Wouldn't let me.

But yea... I'd love to be part of it if it's possible. ^_^ It's a very neat looking mocification. I've been trying to do multi colums for a while now and it just never works well.

tuga

where i can found this mod tinyportal?

JayBachatero

tinyportal.net  You need to register and make a post here http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?board=25.0

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

kai920

Hey guys,

recently discovered "Tinyportal". looks great.

my site is currently running Joomla! (www.kaitech.hk) but I've discovered that my site revolves around the forum, which of course runs SMF. just wondering what the adv/disadv's are of Joomla vs Tinyportal, and if anyone has made this switch recently.

Thanks

Advertisement: