News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin™

It would really help if you tell us what it means to you when you say that you're avatar doesn't show correctly.  How can we help if you can't show us or anything? Avatars look fine on my setup. How about telling us what versions of software you're using? Maybe even a link or screenshot to see the problem?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

dutchbastard

Hey great mod
I did run into a problem.
I had to do a manual install due to host problems and came across an issue when importing the SQL file

It was easily solved once I found out what caused it but I figured I'd post it in case it went unnoticed.

The file starts with:
-
-- Table structure for table `smf_tp_articles`
--

But those 2 dashes (--) at the start were required and not both there.

So it should be
--
-- Table structure for table `smf_tp_articles`
--

Like I said, simple solution but hard to see for those that don't know where to look (myself included :P )

Nodaz

I have been tasked with developing a site for out HOA.  It doesn't have to be over complicated and i have used and smf install for a while, but never with TP.
I want to know what the best process is for installing SMF with tiny portal, which do i install first...
should i install the forum in a subfolder  i.e /forum from the root and TP in the root?
is there a specific support site for TP anymore?  what happened to the old site?

WillyP

Quote from: UbinTook on October 21, 2010, 07:07:25 PM
I want to know what the best process is for installing SMF with tiny portal, which do i install first...
should i install the forum in a subfolder  i.e /forum from the root and TP in the root?

No, just install SMF as normal, then install TP as you would any mod package. Easy.  ;)

IchBin™

TP is a mod for SMF. You cannot install the portal in a different folder other than the same one SMF is in.

!RFAN

i installed tiny portal
then i tried Arcade Blocks but not working. Tell me What to do :S

lurkalot

Quote from: !RFAN on October 23, 2010, 11:53:59 PM
i installed tiny portal
then i tried Arcade Blocks but not working. Tell me What to do :S

Can you give a bit more info, what versions of SMF / Tinyportal / Arcade, are you using, and what Arcade blocks??

preed

is anybody else having "Reported attack site" errors? this is the third time this week! are these from TP? this time i even had TP uninstalled but i still see TP in the code.

http://xxx/smfforum/tp-files/tp-plugins/config.php?news=best-buy-coupons-10%-off

/smfforum/tp-files/tp-plugins/config.php?news=paris-hilton-tease

im so frustrated...
:(

WillyP

If it looks like this, it is because your site has been reported as delivering some type of malicious code.  This could be because you have included third party code, or your site has been hacked. It is not from Tiny Portal or SMF.

preed

the only malicios code found is what i have pasted above in the TP files - 3 times in a week.
twice when TP was installed (same code found)...
cleaned it - reinstalled and given the google green light
this last time when TP was uninstalled, they got in the TP files that werent being used (same code found)
completely removed TP files from the server, given the google green light, no problems

im just sayin...???

IchBin™

What version of TP are you using? If you have the FCKEditor folder on your site you should remove it, as there were security problems with that editor a long time ago and it was removed from TP. If the folder is still on your site, you could be getting hacked through that. If not, you need to talk with your host and find out how it is happening.

NoFeaR / NFSMW

Hi there, i have a problem. My site has some wrong permissions. The first pic is how the site looks to registered members.
The second one is how it looks for me. What could be the problem

agridoc

Go to TPAdmin Block access and check permisssions.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

NoFeaR / NFSMW

Here is how it looks now.

NoFeaR / NFSMW

Even the guests can view most of the forum

agridoc

That is a new setting?
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod

NoFeaR / NFSMW

No. that is how it looks. and it still doesnt display nornal to registered users.

agridoc

I saw your URL from screenshots file, http://www.bosveldboerbokklub.com/

As a guest I saw that left and right panels display OK as well as center blocks. However there are not visible buttons for expanding/collapsing left/right panels.
Registered member may had collapsed panels in the past and has no visible option to expand them. I also get error from Adobe.

I don't know if you have disabled panel collapse in TP Admin -> Settings & Frontpage: Settings -> Allow the panels to be collapsed? or it's a result of heavy theme editing.

I don't see a TP permission problem.

NoFeaR / NFSMW

Let me try that quick. I did no theme editing.

RoflGuy

on my block at bottom of the page i got chatango box which is 400 x 500 but the block blank size is more than chatango need..

pls help me  !!!

http://neon-community.co.cc/smf/index.php

Advertisement: