News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

will do thanks for all you do sugar...very appreciated
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

An0nymousHelper

This should not matter because i am using a custom theme on smf 1.1.11 should it? Yeah i no ill have to manually edit some stuff to get it to work on my theme, but if i install this will everything be ok?

Look at #9.

Type Action Description
1. Extract Tree ./Themes
2. Extract Tree ./Themes
3. Extract Tree ./Sources
4. Extract Tree ./tp-downloads
5. Extract Tree ./tp-images
6. Extract Tree ./tp-files
7. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/babylon/index.template.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
12. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./Sources/Security.php Test successful
14. Execute Modification ./Sources/Errors.php Test successful
15. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Help.template.php Test successful
16. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Test successful
17. Execute Modification ./SSI.php Test successful
18. Execute Modification ./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test successful
19. Execute Modification ./Sources/QueryString.php Test successful
20. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
21. Execute Modification ./Sources/Admin.php Test successful
22. Execute Modification ./Sources/Post.php Test successful
23. Execute Code SMF1/tp_install.php

DarkAngel612

even if you are using a custome theme it should be looked at...do you have edits in the default index.template file?

that is sometimes why mine will give that error

check the readme or the installer file for manual edits to see what is needed in that file then add it in manually
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

An0nymousHelper

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on February 07, 2011, 12:32:35 AM
even if you are using a custome theme it should be looked at...do you have edits in the default index.template file?

that is sometimes why mine will give that error

check the readme or the installer file for manual edits to see what is needed in that file then add it in manually
Alright, thanks very much! Yes I checked it out and it all comes up when I look at the file manually, so i guess if I install the mod then go and manually do that 1 step I should be good?

DarkAngel612

should be, unless the forum has other ideas

An0nymousHelper

Hi I have installed this and it works great! Thanks very much for this wonderful mod. I only have 1 more small problem. So no how you can go into Admin CP>TinyPortal>Menus then i add a new menu but it doesn't show up in my theme. I switched themes to Default and it works so i was just wondering how i can get it to work? Because as of now there is no was for members to actually view the forums they come to http://www.mysite.com/forums and they are greeted by the tiny portal main page were there are only certain posts and a shoutbox and stuff. And to view the forums they would need to go to http://www.mysite.com/forums/index.php?action=forum So this is a fairly big issue for me as i need to have my site in maintenance mode until i fix this. I just wan't a new tab in the menu called Forums right next to Home. Thanks very much in advance if anyone could help me it would be well appreciated!

Kindred

if you are running smf 1.1.x, you will have to MANUALLY apply changes to your custom theme(s)
(this is answered in almost every single mod thread on this board)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

An0nymousHelper

I did that, well i did this

./Themes/default/index.template.php
Find:
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))

Replace With:
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm', 'forum', 'tpadmin')))

Find:
$current_action = 'search';

Add After:

if (isset($_GET['dl']))
$current_action = 'dlmanager';

if (isset($_GET['board']) || isset($_GET['topic']) || $context['current_action']=='forum')
$current_action = 'forum';

if ($context['current_action']=='tpadmin')
$current_action = 'admin';

Find:
// Show the [help] button.

dd Before:
if($settings['TPortal_front_type']!='boardindex')
// Show the [forum] button.
echo ($current_action=='forum' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_first">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action=='forum' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=forum">'.$txt['tp-forum'].'</a>
</td>' , $current_action=='forum' ? '<td class="maintab_active_last">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

And now i get a Forum tab in my menu but it's at the end and looks very different, heres a screenshot:

Is this the only code i have to do? I am using SMF 1.1.11
If anyone could further assist me it would be very helpful!

Kindred

custom themes often use custom menus....   You need to duplicate your existing menu designs with the new url/text
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

An0nymousHelper

Quote from: Kindred on February 07, 2011, 04:32:03 PM
custom themes often use custom menus....   You need to duplicate your existing menu designs with the new url/text
Oh ok, you don't by any chance no a tutorial or anything on this do you lol sorry but i am fairly new to this kind of stuff, but i really have to get this up and running so if you do no one please let me no! Thanks a lot!

IchBin™

The easiest thing to do is to look at the way the buttons are coded in the template_menu() function towards the bottom of the index.template.php file. You'll likely notice that they are using different code to create the buttons. You just need to change the code to be the same as the other buttons with the exception of the bits for what the action is, and what text is shown for the button. If you still need help, post the code for your home button from the custom theme, and we can provide the changes for you.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

An0nymousHelper

Ok thanks, um here is my code for my home button. If you can change it to say forums and then i guess i would just take the code that you modify and paste it below the Home one since i wan't it right beside the home button. Please correct me if i am wrong.

// Show the [home] button.
echo '<li', $current_action == 'home' ? ' class="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '">' , $txt[103] , '</a></li>';
if($settings['TPortal_front_type']!='boardindex')

Thanks again!

IchBin™

Quote from: An0nymousHelper on February 07, 2011, 04:50:04 PM
Ok thanks, um here is my code for my home button. If you can change it to say forums and then i guess i would just take the code that you modify and paste it below the Home one since i wan't it right beside the home button. Please correct me if i am wrong.

// Show the [home] button.
echo '<li', $current_action == 'forum' ? ' class="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=forum">' , $txt['tp-forum'] , '</a></li>';

Thanks again!

Edited your code in my quote. Removed the if statement as it's not needed.

An0nymousHelper

Thanks, I now have just about everything working great! Is there anyway to make it so guests can not see the shoutbox and recent topics that i have on my home page? Because I did go to the Admin CP and then went to Panels and Blocks and went to the shoutbox and recent posts and made sure that Guests were un checked where it says "Choose your membergroups that will able to see this block." But when i logout and go to http://www.mysite.com/forums I still see the shoutbox and recent posts, i am unable to post in the shoutbox but it is still visible. If you could let me no if there is a way i can make it them invisible unless they are logged in it would be very much appreciated! Thanks a lot!

IchBin™

That is a bug I fixed for the next release. The bug was that it shows to guests if the ungroups members was checked. If you uncheck the ungrouped members it should not show to either group.

An0nymousHelper

Quote from: IchBin™ on February 07, 2011, 07:15:09 PM
That is a bug I fixed for the next release. The bug was that it shows to guests if the ungroups members was checked. If you uncheck the ungrouped members it should not show to either group.
Oh ok, well i look forward to that update :) . This may be a bug that you don't no about or maybe i am just doing something wrong, so i figure i would let you no. When i go into my forum and look at a post that i wan't on the main page i click "Promote To Frontpage " It says it's been promoted and gives me the option to "Remove from frontpage" But it never actually shows up on the main page.. The only way i can get posts on there is to go to ACP>Settings and Frontpage>Frontpage> then scroll down to "Display forum-posts on frontpage from:" and then select a board. This is an issue because i don't wan't to show every post in that board, i would rather choose certain posts to be on the frontpage. If i am doing something wrong please let me no as i've been trying to figure this out for some time now.

Thanks a lot!

IchBin™

When using the selected topics feature you must have "Selected topics only" or "Selected topics + articles" as your "What to display on front page" option in the front page settings.

An0nymousHelper

I was just on another SMF site which has TinyPortal but on that one they somehow have it so guests can't see it... You were saying this is a bug. How did this person do it, like is it an easy fix i could do? This is kind of a big thing i need on my site so if anyone here knows how they did this please let me no! Thanks very much! :)

DarkAngel612

are you sure that site has the same version of smf/tp that you do? i just tried it on my site and the only way for a guest to not see a block is to uncheck both guest and ungrouped...whether or not it would affect my member I have no clue since they are in one group or another, I have no ungrouped members.

An0nymousHelper

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on February 10, 2011, 11:21:54 PM
are you sure that site has the same version of smf/tp that you do? i just tried it on my site and the only way for a guest to not see a block is to uncheck both guest and ungrouped...whether or not it would affect my member I have no clue since they are in one group or another, I have no ungrouped members.
Yeah they are running smf 1.1.12... I PMed you BTW.

Advertisement: