News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desibees

Hey, im using Tinyportal sidebar. When I expand/collapse, the thing... just blinks and expands or collapses. How can I make it so When I collapse or expand, the thing slides... If you know what i mean..

I'm the.. Help abuser

IchBin™

You'd have to go in and change the javascript routines to use those effects. Not something I have time to do.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

desibees

Quote from: IchBin™ on April 11, 2011, 05:02:05 PM
Not something I have time to do.

aw... Can you atleast tell me how to do it so I can give the solution to someone expert to do it for me?

I'm the.. Help abuser

DesuChan

Quote from: IchBin™ on April 11, 2011, 11:17:17 AM
There's no way to currently do this in TP. I'd suggest you just post a link in the download description until the feature can be added.
...So it's going to be added?

Best news I've heard all day. And it's been a pretty good day today! Thank you!!!

desibees

will you please gimme the solution for my problem above ^^^ even if u dont have time to do it yourself

I'm the.. Help abuser

mashby

Quote from: desibees on April 11, 2011, 11:15:44 PM
will you please gimme the solution for my problem above ^^^ even if u dont have time to do it yourself
Do you realize the conflict that mere question has? If he doesn't have time, I doubt he will give you a solution to something. Maybe it's time to open up a manual on JavaScript.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

desibees

Well if he doesn't have time to do it, he could gimme a short solution because it is his mod and only he would know. Looks luke no one tried to do this before so I don't want the solution to remain secret.

** I might  sound like I'm arguing but I'm not. Just giving my point of view

I'm the.. Help abuser

Ken.

Sometimes there is no 'simple' answer to a coding question and this is one of those times... had there been a simple answer or fix you can be sure that IchBin™ would have given you that answer when the question was first posted.

Sometimes patience is needed, especially when the issue is of a minor nature.  ;)
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

IchBin™

Quote from: Kindred on April 12, 2011, 09:32:11 AM
desibees,

google is your friend...
here's a code that does what you are asking.
http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html?whichScript=show_hide_content_slide
and another
http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Effects/Slide

After you figure out how to use any of the effects that Kindred posted, you can then implement them into the "function tp_setupUpshrinks()" function inside the Sources/TPortal.php file. That's where the javascript is created for togging the panels. You just need to figure out how to merge your script into TP. That's the part I don't have time for.

Wh1teLeopard

Hi! Really sorry if this has been addressed or if I'm just being a moron but when I try to upload files to the download manager module it fails claiming 'hacking attempt' @ ?action=tpmod;dl=upload

SMF - 2.0 RC3
TP - 1.0 RC1
www.keikarsinthepark.co.uk - The annual meet for kei car owners.

desibees

Quote from: Kindred on April 12, 2011, 09:32:11 AM
desibees,

google is your friend...
here's a code that does what you are asking.
http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html?whichScript=show_hide_content_slide
and another
http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Effects/Slide

QuoteYou just need to figure out how to merge your script into TP. That's the part I don't have time for.

Anyone else has time for this?

I'm the.. Help abuser

IchBin™

Quote from: Wh1teLeopard on April 12, 2011, 03:07:21 PM
Hi! Really sorry if this has been addressed or if I'm just being a moron but when I try to upload files to the download manager module it fails claiming 'hacking attempt' @ ?action=tpmod;dl=upload

SMF - 2.0 RC3
TP - 1.0 RC1
Do you mean that you get hacking attempt when you go to the upload page? Or do you get it after you hit submit to make an upload?

Wh1teLeopard

After hitting submit
:(

(Happens both through the downloads page and through admin)

IchBin™

Do you get any errors in your SMF log or the server log at the time of getting the error?

Wh1teLeopard

No, but something weird happened. I enabled the shout box to, well, shout at other admins... and suddenly the downloads icon appeared in the TinyPotal admin front page (I'd never seen it before), and now it's working fine... weird!

Thank you for trying to help me anyway though  ;D

*edit- NOOOO!!!! As soon as I deleted my 'test' and tried a proper upload with a title...

QuoteToday at 16:40
session 5e12a023d508ac692f09adfb63811c9c
Type of error: Critical
URL http://keikarsinthepark.co.uk/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=upload
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Hacking attempt...
INSERT INTO smf_tp_dlmanager
(name, description, icon, category, type, downloads, views, file, created, last_access, filesize, parent, access, link, author_id,screenshot,rating,voters,subitem )
VALUES ('Caz's Cappuccino 1280x960', '<br>

', 'http://keikarsinthepark.co.uk/tp-downloads/icons/blank.gif'; , 2, 'dlitem', 0, 1, '13028820241280x960BridgeCappo.JPG', 1302882024, 1302882024, 631229, 0, '', '', 1, '','','',0)
Function: TPortalDLManager
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/muxdxnr/public_html/keikarsinthepark.co.uk/Sources/TPdlmanager.php
Line: 221

Arantor

I call that a TP bug for not sanitising the ' in the title.

IchBin™

Wh1teLeopard, which version of TP are you running? I recall this was a bug fixed some time ago. I'll go do some testing ASAP on this. Also, thanks for reporting the downloads icon bug. I do recall seeing that issue, but can't remember if I've fixed it ATM.

Wh1teLeopard

I thought I was using the most up to date one, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got mixed up and am using the oldest one (1.0 RC1)

Sorry for causing you trouble

Rafferty

Re: Recent Articles and Most Read Article blocks in an article download function block. Could you indicate where I could change the default list of 5 items and change to 10 thanks?
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Advertisement: