News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin™

did you run the upgrade.php file to install the tables?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

darkoro

yes and it say that it succefully installed the tables, but when i check the database they are not there...

IchBin™

I can't tell what version you are running for SMF because your site has been inaccessible for me. If you can't run the db installer, try running this file instead if you are running SMF2.

darkoro

thanks it worked the tables are now installed and now is running fine, ttp://www.leicanomaru.co.cc btw the gif are with the install cause i cant find them

Biology Forums

In the search, how do I get rid of the bar on top that says:

Extended search
Search Articles | Search Downloads Manager

I'm using 1.1.13

http://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=search

Lum-chan

Odd... after installing the latest version of TP, 1.0 RC1.1, the backslash problem just returned. It shows up in download manager, shoutbox ans such. If I remove the backslash in the download-manager, it returns after saving the description.

Software: SMF 1.1.12 with TP 1.0 RC1.1
Site location: http://forum.lum-chan.com/
Theme: Green (only colors are changed. Theme is using default template)

As I couldn't update via the Package-manager I uploaded each file for TP manually by FTP. Correct version is showing at the bottom of each page and after installing/uploading the TPShout plug-in, these problems appear. Luckily I have made a full backup so I can return to the previous version of those files (which were edited to prevent this backslash problem from appearing).

Anyone else has this problem after installing the latest update of TP?

TIA

[edit]
Just tested it again to make sure it doesn't happen in articles: No problems found so far \(^_^)/
[/edit]
Lum-chan

DarkAngel612

yes it is back again but you just have to do the little edit to get rid of them again:

in smf 1.1.13 that is:

In Sources/TPdlmanager.php on about line #2068 look for this line:

Find:
            tp_query("UPDATE " . $tp_prefix . "dlmanager SET description = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($value) . "' WHERE id=". $id, __FILE__, __LINE__);

Replace it with:
            tp_query("UPDATE " . $tp_prefix . "dlmanager SET description = '" . mysql_real_escape_string(stripslashes($value)) . "' WHERE id=". $id, __FILE__, __LINE__);

and for the html peeking out---may be the \ too

Sources/TPortalAdmin.php

Find this line:(about line #337)

global $context,$txt,$settings,$boardurl,$scripturl,$boarddir,$user_info,$db_prefix;

Change to:

global $context,$txt,$settings,$boardurl,$scripturl,$boarddir,$user_info,$db_prefix, $modSettings;

Find this line:(about line #469)

$context['TPortal']['blockedit']['body'] = html_entity_decode($row['body'], ENT_NOQUOTES);

Change to:

$context['TPortal']['blockedit']['body'] = html_entity_decode($row['body'], ENT_NOQUOTES, $modSettings['global_character_set']);

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Sources/TPdlmanager.php on about line #2068 look for this line:

tp_query("UPDATE " . $tp_prefix . "dlmanager SET description = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($value) . "' WHERE id=". $id, __FILE__, __LINE__);

Replace it with this line:

tp_query("UPDATE " . $tp_prefix . "dlmanager SET description = '" . mysql_real_escape_string(stripslashes($value)) . "' WHERE id=". $id, __FILE__, __LINE__);

hope this helps and hope it is the right bunch of codes
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

IchBin™

Quote from: shuban on May 18, 2011, 12:16:21 AM

Extended search

I'm using 1.1.13

Code (fine in Sources/TPortal.php) Select
// are we on search page? then add TP search options as well!
if($context['TPortal']['action']=='search')
$context['template_layers'][] = 'TPsearch';

Comment it out if you don't want the search links there.

Biology Forums

Quote from: IchBin™ on May 18, 2011, 10:36:58 AM
Quote from: shuban on May 18, 2011, 12:16:21 AM

Extended search

I'm using 1.1.13

Code (fine in Sources/TPortal.php) Select
// are we on search page? then add TP search options as well!
if($context['TPortal']['action']=='search')
$context['template_layers'][] = 'TPsearch';

Comment it out if you don't want the search links there.

Worked, thanks

Groovy™

To me this mod very much, but I noticed that a lot more complicated to use because 90% beginner will not know that he wants to set the portal, because the majority decides for the little easier portals (etc with a bit "simpler" commands / schedule) .. .
To me the only thing I do not like in this portal is that no mini-icon next to the menu (as in simple, ADK portal) ... so the same font of the letters is kinda bad ...
I wrote this sincerely, and I think there should be only slightly due to the design of the portal ... because I know plenty of people who use this portal and I would agree with me

Greeting

Lum-chan

@DarkAngel612:
Thank you very much, the backslash problems are gone \(^_^)/

The only place where they (the backslashes, that is) still occur is in the normal Shoutbox. I remember some small edits in the files for the shoutbox, I'll see if I can find them again so this is fixed too.

Then I'll try to make a kind of mod for these small edits to flow around here. I guess more people are fiddling with these backslashes just like me.
Lum-chan

King N

Is there any way so that the news posted here make their own threads in a board in smf?

IchBin™

News posted on this site to get posted in a board on your site? That's really completely unrelated to TinyPortal isn't it?

King N

Not this site ,on tinyportal.

IchBin™

Sorry, I'm not following what you're trying to say King N.

King N

Tiny Portal has an option to post news or articles I suppose
I want to configure it such that whenever such an article is posted it makes a new thread.

IchBin™

I see what you are saying now. It's not possible to do such a thing with the current features in TP. I don't have the time to figure out such a thing though sorry. I'm trying to get TP to a stable release first. Then will consider moving forward with new features.

King N

Can we reply to the news or articles as in comments

Groovy™

Ichbin,can you answer my question just above?

IchBin™

Quote from: King N on May 20, 2011, 11:09:36 AM
Can we reply to the news or articles as in comments

Yes articles have the option to allow comments.

Quote from: Groovy™ on May 18, 2011, 04:08:40 PM
To me this mod very much, but I noticed that a lot more complicated to use because 90% beginner will not know that he wants to set the portal, because the majority decides for the little easier portals (etc with a bit "simpler" commands / schedule) .. .
To me the only thing I do not like in this portal is that no mini-icon next to the menu (as in simple, ADK portal) ... so the same font of the letters is kinda bad ...
I wrote this sincerely, and I think there should be only slightly due to the design of the portal ... because I know plenty of people who use this portal and I would agree with me

Greeting

Is this what you are referring to that you want me to reply? TP has a little learning curve as far as how many options it has. But I don't plan to change TP any time in the future. Right now I'm am completely focused on making TinyPortal as bug free as I can possibly get, so that I can release a TP 1.0 final.
If you want icons next to your menu, why not just create a custom html block and make what you want? I'd have to look at the other portals to see exactly what you are talking about, but I don't see that being a deal breaker IMO. Fonts/letters are personal preference. I change it for you, then someone else will want a different font. That's why there is style sheets. :)

Advertisement: