News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Hmm I see what you mean.

Can you check what happens if you allow guests to see the forum (SMF setting)?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 08, 2019, 12:42:32 AM
Working on a forum running TP 1.6.3 in 2.0.15, just did clean install and owner installed/configed TP.  Main menu is a bit wonky, TinyPortal menu button is visible to guests, shouldn't be (doesn't work), and there is no Forum button.  Don't see any settings for these.

Forum button not showing probably due to front page setting = Go directly to forum index.  Change that to something else and it should come back.

Downloads not doing anything because guests don't have permission to view anything by the looks of it.

Sir Osis of Liver

Yeah, got the button back.  I'd like to have portal blocks display only on front page, Forum link to display forum without blocks.

Guests have no permissions (well, just one, to view staff list).  Are there additional permissions for TP?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: @rjen on August 08, 2019, 01:33:02 AM
Can you check what happens if you allow guests to see the forum (SMF setting)?

If I allow guests to browse forum, they don't see board index, just info center.  TP Downloads link allows them to view downloads.

- R. Waters

@rjen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 08, 2019, 01:55:19 AM
Yeah, got the button back.  I'd like to have portal blocks display only on front page, Forum link to display forum without blocks

That's easy: suppress the panels on the forum index

Guests have no permissions (well, just one, to view staff list).  Are there additional permissions for TP?

Check the permissions : TP adds permissions: guests are allowed to view downloads by default

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: @rjen on August 08, 2019, 02:04:49 AM
That's easy: suppress the panels on the forum index

Ok, got that.

Check the permissions : TP adds permissions: guests are allowed to view downloads by default

Not seeing that, only permissions for Downloads System mod.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Go to that downloads "General" category and edit the permission for it. (Untick Guests).

@rjen

You are right , sorry it's early... there are no guest permissions (they are on the categories, but that may not solve your problem)

Need to look into that. For the time being (if you are not using the Tpdowloads module) switching it off in the TP modules setting should remove the unwanted menu option...

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm beat, it's getting to be 0300 here and eyes are shot.  Don't see any way to disable TP downloads.  The board index is broken in guest view, nothing to do with TP.  Think I'll dump this install tomorrow and start clean (again), install TP first.

- R. Waters

@rjen

TinyPortal > modules > download manager : switch to Off

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 08, 2019, 02:46:07 AM
I'm beat, it's getting to be 0300 here and eyes are shot.  Don't see any way to disable TP downloads.  The board index is broken in guest view, nothing to do with TP.  Think I'll dump this install tomorrow and start clean (again), install TP first.

Ok, hopefully we'll get you there eventually.  As a last resort you could give one of us TP team admin access, and we'll see if we can point you in the right direction.

Quote from: @rjen on August 08, 2019, 02:50:07 AM

Should do it.  ;)

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 08, 2019, 01:55:19 AM
Yeah, got the button back.  I'd like to have portal blocks display only on front page, Forum link to display forum without blocks.

In addition. If you don't want blocks showing on the staff list.  Go TP Admin > Panels

In the "Hide panels when in custom actions:" box type the word staff

And save.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: @rjen on August 08, 2019, 02:50:07 AM

Ok, got that.  How to remove TP drop item from Help button for guests?

- R. Waters

@rjen

Only by changing code

Sir Osis of Liver

<sigh>  Where's the code?

- R. Waters

@rjen

<Yawn> I will tell you when I have a pc available. This will not be before Saturday.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, no big rush.  I'm dumping the install and redoing everything from scratch.  Some of the glitches are due to leftover stuff in the database, I'm trying to get access to clean it up.  Biggest problem is getting forum owner to decide what he wants.  Thanks.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Remove TP from the help tab.  If I've got this right, it's in Sources\TPassimilate.php

Look for, and change true, to false at the bottom.

// Add the help

if(array_key_exists('help', $buttons)) {

$buttons['help']['sub_buttons'] = array(

'tphelp' => array(

'title' => $txt['tp-tphelp'],

'href' => $scripturl.'?action=tpmod;sa=help',

'show' => true,

),

);

}

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, that got it.  Also changed Forum button so it shows for all frontpage settings.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 08, 2019, 05:29:17 PM
Ok, that got it.  Also changed Forum button so it shows for all frontpage settings.

Glad that sorted the help tab.   Not sure what you mean regarding the Forum button though, that should show anyway unless you've got it set in Frontpage settings > "Go directly to forum index"

Advertisement: