News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

I guess he wants to see it all the time, even when it has no added value over the home button..
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Sir Osis of Liver

Basically, yes.  "Go directly to forum index" displays index with portal blocks, I prefer to have an option to view the forum without the portal.  It's less cluttered, and removes a lot of stuff you only need to see when you first arrive at the forum. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

For that all you had to do is select "Go directly to forum index" Then tell TP not to display panels on the forum index.  Or better still, and the way I would do it, is tell each block where to show or not show.  That way you can have certain blocks on certain pages as required. 

@rjen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 09, 2019, 12:13:19 PM
Basically, yes.  "Go directly to forum index" displays index with portal blocks, I prefer to have an option to view the forum without the portal.  It's less cluttered, and removes a lot of stuff you only need to see when you first arrive at the forum.

That's what the 'frontpanel only' option is for. No need to immediately start changing php code if you do not understand the available functionality.

Sir Osis of Liver

Tried that, but I get blank screen between left/right portal blocks.

- R. Waters

Antechinus

*****/index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=panels

QuoteLeft Panel

Width of this panel: ****

Use left panel?    On/ Off

Hide left panel when in forum?    Yes/No

See that last one? Wanna guess what it does? :D
Same deal for all the other panels.

@rjen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 09, 2019, 10:03:53 PM
Tried that, but I get blank screen between left/right portal blocks.

Interesting approach. I checked your test site, and now you actually have two boardindex pages showing: on the Home page it now shows the index page with the side panels and on the forum page it now the index page without the side panels. The home page is showing the infocenter in the central block. Is that what the user wants?
It's OK by me, I have just never seen this approach before...

I understand you don't want the forum pages 'cluttered' by the side panels: I do the same think in my forum...

But leaving the leftover Infopanel on the homepage gives me somehow the feeling that the page is 'not finished'. That's why most put some content in the central area: that's where you get the 'blank screen': that is the front panel area. Creating one or more blocks with content is the more common way to fill that area. A simple welcome block introducing the forum and it's purpose is usually a nice start.

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm still working through the forum config, there are over 130 boards, and all are set not visible to guests, that's why you only see info center (took me a while to figure that out).  We'll probably use one of the other options for center panel, I'll leave that to the owner.  Getting a better idea how TP works, right now that's not the major problem.

- R. Waters

@rjen

Quote from: Antechinus on July 27, 2019, 08:55:52 PM
Fair point about the 2.0.x doctype, and I can't see the deprecated file types being a problem. They don't seem to break anything. If it's a drama to get rid of them I'd say just leave them for now. It'll give the Purple Peeps something to grumble about, and they like a good grumble. :)

FYI: all known html5 issues fixed for the next TP release (1.6.4), now let's hope the RC3 will come soon: we plan to release 1.6.4 when we are sure it works with RC3 as well...

Antechinus

Makes sense. No point doing it twice.

lurkalot

The TinyPortal Team is pleased to announce the release of TinyPortal 1.6.4

Note: You must uninstall any previous version of TinyPortal before you can install TP 1.6.4 for SMF2.0.x or SMF 2.1. Make a backup of all your SMF and TP files before you uninstall.

Changelog;
This release includes the following fixes:

Relevant to 2.0 and 2.1:

- added functionality for social buttons to use 'query title' for article links
- updated menu manager to use 'query titles' for articles and 'short names' for categories
- added language visibility functionality to frontpage blocks
- added extra layout option to articles: 'Use frame style, but not title style'. This allows for removal of title bar for articles without titles
- updated source code and templates for better html5 compliance
- fixed error '8: Undefined variable: count' due to function art_recentitems
- fixed language visibility for blocks not working correctly
- fixed do_hooks.php function not running to manually add/remove hooks
- fixed error with constant SMF_FULL_VERSION when using SSI.php
- fixed Icon for 'General' category TPdownloads not correctly set on install
- fixed incorrect responsive behaviour Quickreply area
- fixed error 'undefined index: locked' for article authors on Category page
- fixed shoutbox creating double shouts on some forums

Thank you both Tino and @rjen for all the hard work you put into this release.  ;)

nidec

Hi,
I've added tinyportal to my site notthenoobs.com,  really useful.
One question,  do I have to have a Tinyportal tab at the menu (home, forum, login, etc)?
I don't really want visitors to see it, I don't see what use it is for them. Is there a way to hide it?
Thanks

Arantor

Think you'll find it only shows for people who have permissions to be in the configuration area.

lurkalot

Quote from: nidec on September 30, 2019, 04:15:44 PM
Hi,
I've added tinyportal to my site notthenoobs.com,  really useful.
One question,  do I have to have a Tinyportal tab at the menu (home, forum, login, etc)?
I don't really want visitors to see it, I don't see what use it is for them. Is there a way to hide it?
Thanks

Ok, a couple of questions so we can help you. 

1: When you say visitors, do you mean guest visitors, or logged in members?
2: Are you going to use the built in downloads system in TinyPortal?

If you want to hide TinyPortal tab from visitors and you're not going to use the downloads system, the you can turn the tab off in TP Admin > Modules > Downloads Manager - Downloads Admin.  turn that option off and save.

nidec

Thats perfect Lurkalot,  thanks

Antechinus

Bit of code for you guys. Was checking out something Rjen mentioned, and noticed your avatars in side blocks throw scrollbars in Chrome and Opera. Easy to fix, and you can even do it with less code than you have now.

Code (Find) Select
span.tpavatar
{
float: left;
margin-top: 2px;
margin-right: 10px;
padding: 1px;
display: block;
overflow: auto;
}
span.tpavatar img
{
width: 40px;
height: auto;
border-radius: 2px;
}

Code (Replace) Select
.tpavatar {
float: left;
padding: 3px 11px 0 0;
}
.tpavatar img
{
width: 40px;
height: auto;
border-radius: 2px;
}

Explanation: no need for the tag names, so good to drop those. No need to declare display: block either. One thing a lot of people don't seem to know is that floating any element automatically makes it block display. :)

The auto overflow is obviously what was causing the scroll bars, but the span will wrap the image anyway if you just leave overflow at the default setting of visible, so that's easy. And no point declaring margin and padding in this case, since one or the other can handle the requirements.

Not that I expect you to do a whole new release for something this trivial, but the code might be handy for someone.

@rjen

Thanks. I noticed the same in your theme and was planning to fix that. No hurry since it does not do this in Curve (and variants) .
This saves me sorting it myself  ;)

Note: There still is a lot of redundant styling and css in the code from the old days.. we hope to deal with a lot of that in the upcoming 2.0.0 version of TP.

Antechinus

That's odd, because there's nothing in my one that would make it go wonky, as far as I know. Your css was resizing the image anyway, and mine wasn't overriding that. It couldn't, since your sheet is loaded last, so I have NFI why it would be different to vanilla Curve in that respect.

Oh yeah while I think of it: also did some code to remove my paddings from windowbg 1& 2. Not sure if I will put it in my theme, as trying to include css for every mod under the sun rapidly becomes bonkers, so I'll put it here for now.

#tptopbarHeader div[class~="windowbg"],
#tpcenterbarHeader div[class~="windowbg"],
#tpleftbarContainer div[class~="windowbg"],
#tprightbarContainer div[class~="windowbg"],
#tplowerbarHeader div[class~="windowbg"],
#tpbottombarHeader div[class~="windowbg"] {
padding: 0;
}

That sets padding in all TP panels back to vanilla Curve equivalent, while not touching anything else. Could be handy for  range of custom themes, depending on what their authors get up to.

@rjen

I find it odd too, but it is what it is.

wylekk

Hi!
When editing an article by moderators, this error always appears on version 1.6.3-1.6.4  SMF2.1 RC2

Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index: locked
https://site.ru/index.php?https://site.ru/
/home/admin/web/site.ru/public_html/Themes/default/TPsubs.template.php (Line 1639)

Advertisement: