News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Quote from: Slonik :) on March 19, 2020, 10:04:46 AM
How can I add Key Tags (Hashtags or Global Tags) service to articles?

Maybe in the next versions of TP? :)

There are no plans to do that atm...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

njtweb

@rjen or @mick is there a problem with the tinyportal site? I can't login. I get this.

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED!
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

lurkalot

Quote from: njtweb on April 03, 2020, 07:10:35 AM
@rjen or @mick is there a problem with the tinyportal site? I can't login. I get this.

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED!

Been fine for me, I'm on there now.   ???  Try clearing browser cache, or use a different browser and see if that helps.

njtweb

Quote from: lurkalot on April 03, 2020, 07:36:11 AM
Quote from: njtweb on April 03, 2020, 07:10:35 AM

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED!

Been fine for me, I'm on there now.   ???  Try clearing browser cache, or use a different browser and see if that helps.

It won't let me do anything but 60 mins. They only way it let me login this time. I normally click the check box.

lurkalot

TinyPortal 1.6.6 Security Release.

Users running versions of TinyPortal prior to 1.6.6 should update immediately by downloading the latest version

Changelog;
This release includes the following fixes:

Relevant to 2.0 and 2.1:

Fixes multiple security flaws allowing non admin access to admin areas.

Note: You must uninstall any previous version of TinyPortal before you can install TP 1.6.6 for SMF2.0.x. and SMF2.1 Make a backup of all your SMF and TP files before you uninstall.

vbgamer45

One typo to fix you can install TP 1.6.5 to you can install TP 1.6.6
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

lurkalot

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 09, 2020, 11:15:03 AM
One typo to fix you can install TP 1.6.5 to you can install TP 1.6.6

Thanks.  I blame the Covid-19 lock in, it's frazzled my head, don't even know what day it is atm....  ;)

makuta_ii

Hi.
Firstly, I want to say thanks for your work.

I have three problems with the TinyPortal, I hope to solve them here.
1. If you enable Auto refresh greater than "0" in the TPShout module, then when viewing the statistics of "Who's Online"(index.php?action=who), all users display "Viewing TPmod" (attached a screen with Russian localization).

Is it possible to exclude the forum refresh by the TPShout module from showing in online statistics?

2. The button collapse of the panels (looks like plus or minus) causes an error in Chrome:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null
    at togglepanel (index.php? action = forum: 100)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick (index.php? action = forum: 233)

The same error occurs on the forum hxxp:tinyportal.net/index.php?action=forum [nonactive]
Is there anything to do with this?

3. I wanted to ask these questions hxxp:tinyportal.net [nonactive], but I won't receive registration confirmation in my mail. :)

forum.wabisabi.by SMF 2.1 RC2, TinyPortal 1.6.5
Problems remain with the turned off all mods, so I don't indicate the list of connected mods.

Thanks.

wylekk

Something was done wrong in version 1.6.6 :).

If you allow users to Manage articles, you get an error when editing the article

Sorry, you are not allowed to access TinyPortal admin pages.

@rjen

Quote from: wylekk on May 13, 2020, 09:06:41 AM
Something was done wrong in version 1.6.6 :).

If you allow users to Manage articles, you get an error when editing the article

Sorry, you are not allowed to access TinyPortal admin pages.

It is working fine for me...

what exactly are the permissions set to for the user in question?
See attachment...

And Which action / sub action are you trying to access with that user? (whats the url?)
.../index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=editarticle;article=xx?

... and where in the process are you getting that error? Is it when accessing the page or when saving the article?

@rjen

Quote from: makuta_ii on May 13, 2020, 06:28:38 AM
1. If you enable Auto refresh greater than "0" in the TPShout module, then when viewing the statistics of "Who's Online"(index.php?action=who), all users display "Viewing TPmod" (attached a screen with Russian localization).

Is it possible to exclude the forum refresh by the TPShout module from showing in online statistics?

I have never seen that before (and I am using the shoutbox with autorefresh set to 10)
Where have you placed the shoutbox exactly? On what page is the block, and what users may actually see it?

2. The button collapse of the panels (looks like plus or minus) causes an error in Chrome:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null
    at togglepanel (index.php? action = forum: 100)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick (index.php? action = forum: 233)

The same error occurs on the forum tinyportal.net/index.php?action=forum
Is there anything to do with this?

Maybe, will have a look...

3. I wanted to ask these questions tinyportal.net, but I won't receive registration confirmation in my mail.

Your registration was awaiting activation, cannot say where the mail went, It has now been activated for you...

wylekk

This error occurs when another user is given article management rights. The administrator has no errors. And when you create an article and when you edit an article.

@rjen

Quote from: wylekk on May 13, 2020, 10:14:54 AM
This error occurs when another user is given article management rights. The administrator has no errors. And when you create an article and when you edit an article.

Thats exactly what I tested: a non admin user with the permission to manage articles (see my screenshot).
Can you please answer my first quesntion: what are the exact permissions granted?
Is it the same as in my screenshot?

And can you describe exactly where in a page you press to edit the article (screenshot preferred) just before you get the error?

What type of article are you trying to edit ? HTML / BBC / PHP?

Just trying to narrow it down...

wylekk

I did a rollback to version 1.6.5 - everything works as I need it. I will try to install 1.6.6 on the test site again

@rjen

Quote from: wylekk on May 13, 2020, 03:49:26 PM
I did a rollback to version 1.6.5 - everything works as I need it. I will try to install 1.6.6 on the test site again

I can conform that there is an issue with the access to manage articles for members wth the 'manage articles' permission
The issue only affects SMF2.1.
In SMF2.0 this issue does not occur.

We're looking into it...

makuta_ii

Quote from: @rjen on May 13, 2020, 09:48:12 AM
I have never seen that before (and I am using the shoutbox with autorefresh set to 10)
Where have you placed the shoutbox exactly? On what page is the block, and what users may actually see it?
I made screenshots, are you talking about this?
Even if you set autorefresh = 0 and manually update appears "Viewing TPmod".

Quote from: @rjen on May 13, 2020, 09:48:12 AM
Your registration was awaiting activation, cannot say where the mail went, It has now been activated for you...
Thanks

@rjen

I am seeing what you reported as well: it only seems to happen in 2.1. In SMF 2.0 it all works as it should be.
We will follow up on that for the next release of TP.

@rjen

Quote from: wylekk on May 13, 2020, 03:49:26 PM

Can you replace this file and test it again with TP 166?

wylekk

I checked on the test site - everything is OK! Now can edit and create articles by users without errors. :)

lurkalot

Quote from: wylekk on May 15, 2020, 02:17:37 AM
I checked on the test site - everything is OK! Now can edit and create articles by users without errors. :)

Thank you.   ;)

Advertisement: