News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Yes, first I had version 1.6.7 installed, then I uninstalled it and installed version 2.0.0, then I uninstalled version 2.0.0 and reinstalled version 1.6.7. I know I made a mistake.

QuoteNOTICE! because of the database changes in this version there's no going back to TP 1.x.x after installing version 2.0.0. You can install previous versions, but by doing that you WILL lose TP data and you will need to manually fix or recreate your content!!! For these reasons it's advised to backup your database and files before proceeding.

@tinoest

I uninstalled version 1.6.7 without using this function "Remove all data associated with this modification". The database includes such tables from TP:

However, should I delete all these tables before installing version 2.0.0? Which tables do I need to delete for version 2.0.0 to install properly? I want to keep the menu blocks settings.

tinoest

You will lose all your data if you do that.

Do you have access to the database via phpmyadmin or another similar tool? Are you comfortable removing columns from a database?

jsx

I have access to phpmyadmin. I can try to do this operation.

tinoest

In the tp_shoutbox table you want to drop all columns starting with the word value followed by a number.

If you click on structure for the database table, you will see the word drop at the end click this to remove each column individually.

You should see a command similar to the following;

ALTER TABLE `smf_tp_shoutbox` DROP `value6`;

marcosbr

I have the same problem in 2.1.
The difference is:
"Remove all data associated with this modification".
I removed it when I uninstalled it. My forum is for testing.
I get the same error installing the new version!
Can I follow these tips in 2.1, or not?
Nothing in life is absolute. We are always learning... Did you know that?
https://amigosdaeletronica.com.br

tinoest

You should only get there error's if you installed TinyPortal 2.0.0 then decided to remove 2.0.0 and install TinyPortal 1.6.7 again.

Can you confirm this is the case? 

marcosbr

Yes, I did!
The "Test" forum knows how it is...
All identical to JSX.
So the problem was the return to a previous version!
But I only did it because it's a specific forum for testing!

@rjen

NOTICE! because of the database changes in this version there's no going back to TP 1.x.x after installing version 2.0.0. You can install previous versions, but by doing that you WILL lose TP data and you will need to manually fix or recreate your content!!! For these reasons it's advised to backup your database and files before proceeding.

That also applies to test fora...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

jsx

@rjen

After removing this code in tp-shout.css from 139 lines, now shoutbox date in SMFPacks Shoutbox is displayed correctly. Thanks a lot for your help.

@tinoest

In the tp_shoutbox table, after entering the structure, I deleted all items from value1 to value8 and now TinyPortal 2.0.0 has been installed correctly. Thanks a lot for your help.

@rjen

marcosbr

Thanks.
And I hadn't read it. That's why I always tested "everything" outside the official website!
Just a suggestion...
This forum doesn't answer. Increase this font a bit or put it in red!
Thanks a lot for the explanation!

@rjen

Quote from: marcosbr on October 07, 2020, 01:09:01 PM

Thanks.
And I hadn't read it. That's why I always tested "everything" outside the official website!
Just a suggestion...
This forum doesn't answer. Increase this font a bit or put it in red!
Thanks a lot for the explanation!

I seriously doubt if that will make a difference TBH..
Attached text is there in RED... did you make a backup?

Being a man I tend to read the manual only after the fact...  ;)

marcosbr

I agree. But reinforce the warning!
I am referring to this passage:
"WARNING! due to the changes in the database in this version, there is no way back to TP 1.x.x after the installation of version 2.0.0."
The red one draws attention, but in reality nobody reads much.
That's why women are better than men!  :'( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MoreBloodWine

Finally getting around to updating an old site after fixing an EXTREMELY old WSOD.

Did that by upgrade, anyway...

Old TP was of the 1.1x branch.

DL'd and then UL'd the 2.0.0 version for the 2.1RC2 version of SMF.

It seems to look fine on the cursory check before installing. But after I click Install Now, I'm greeted with this.

Please assist, Ty ;-)

Unknown column 'var5' in 'field list'
File: /*removed*/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 1156
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

tinoest

Apologies for the late reply, what version of TinyPortal were you using?

I think if you go to TinyPortal 1.6.8 or similar then TinyPortal 2.0.0 you should be ok.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: tinoest on October 16, 2020, 11:50:19 AM
Apologies for the late reply, what version of TinyPortal were you using?

I think if you go to TinyPortal 1.6.8 or similar then TinyPortal 2.0.0 you should be ok.
If the last two digits really make that much of a diff beside the 1.1x. It's 1.107, or was... but forum is already om the previously named RC.

That being said, as far as I can tell. Whatever that error / bug is. I can't be the only one whos come up with it which means whether I do 1.6.8 or similar, the bug if we're gonna call it that will still be un the 2x branch until patched.

Now granted there may be something I'm not aware of. But I kind of feel like backtracking, even if it works. Is the equivalent of a band aid on a slow drip faucet.

This site hasn't been touched in years short of the upgrade which worked, so I want to be as current as possible on packages.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

tinoest

TinyPortal hasn't supported SMF 1.1 since 2015, so what I'm asking is you go to an interim release before going to the latest.

Although looking at the change you will probably need something from the 1.4.0 release or similar which was released in 2018; https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=item115

As you are the first person to raise this issue in 2 years. I think you probably are going to be the only one who comes up with it. I also don't see how that is a bandaid on a slow drip faucet. Finally I don't see why the latest upgrader should handle something which hasn't been supported for five years in the latest version when you can go to an intermediate release first.

minormike

My complete forum is borked after checking an option to display articles in the portal top block, I got the message Database error, given array of integer values is empty. (cat) and now no pages load at all - every page displays that error. Even deleting the whole TinyPortal folder via FTP hasn't made a difference - the forum simply won't load

lurkalot

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on October 14, 2020, 02:03:14 AM
Finally getting around to updating an old site after fixing an EXTREMELY old WSOD.

Did that by upgrade, anyway...

Old TP was of the 1.1x branch.

DL'd and then UL'd the 2.0.0 version for the 2.1RC2 version of SMF.

It seems to look fine on the cursory check before installing. But after I click Install Now, I'm greeted with this.

Please assist, Ty ;-)

Unknown column 'var5' in 'field list'
File: /*removed*/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 1156

Think we need to back track a little.

So this was an old SMF forum you have upgraded, from what version of SMF to what version? 

And you were running a really old TinyPortal version 1.107 and want to upgrade to the latest. Did you try installing TP1.6.8 first before going to TP2.0.0 as suggested?

lurkalot

Quote from: minormike on October 17, 2020, 08:03:45 AM
My complete forum is borked after checking an option to display articles in the portal top block, I got the message Database error, given array of integer values is empty. (cat) and now no pages load at all - every page displays that error. Even deleting the whole TinyPortal folder via FTP hasn't made a difference - the forum simply won't load

Deleting stuff without uninstalling will surely make matters worse, please don't do that without seeking support first. 

What version of SMF are you running, and what version of TinyPortal??

Firstly reinstate the TinyPortal folder you deleted, then add this to the end of your site url,  ?action=tpadmin;sa=panels;noblocks and see if that will let you change the setting back so you can use your forum again.

Advertisement: