News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Quote from: Nodaz on December 21, 2020, 11:13:27 AM
why do i keep getting notification of unread post for this topic?
I cannot figure out how to turn that off,

lurkalot

Quote from: jsx on December 21, 2020, 07:25:48 AM

Would it be possible to change the style of Google Translate in the code to a drop-down menu that can be selected in this modification? Could you give me a code for this style of Google Translate?

This has the codes and examples of the different layouts, https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_google_translate.asp

Nodaz

Quote from: Shambles on December 21, 2020, 12:23:23 PM
Quote from: Nodaz on December 21, 2020, 11:13:27 AM
why do i keep getting notification of unread post for this topic?
I cannot figure out how to turn that off,

That is the problem, mine says "Notify", hence why i asked
I just re-enabled and then disabled, will see if it helps

jsx

Quote from: lurkalot on December 21, 2020, 03:30:24 PM
This has the codes and examples of the different layouts, https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_google_translate.asp

Thank you for the information and help. This is the code:

<center><div id="google_translate_element" style="height:50px; overflow:hidden"></div><script>

function googleTranslateElementInit() {
  new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: 'en', layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.SIMPLE}, 'google_translate_element');
}
</script><script src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script></center>

@rjen

Jsx,

I'll respond to your pm here... please do not mail me with support questions. That's what this forum is for...

Quote from: jsx on January 04, 2021, 01:15:59 PM
Do you remember how you helped me with Google Translate?

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=27642.msg4076130#msg4076130

This translator from this code only translates the main page of the forum, but when I enter a topic, the translation doesn't work there anymore.

Do you know what could be the reason why the translator is not translating the content of the post?

When I had this modification installed on the forum, Google Translate translated the contents of the posts.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3213

The code I provided works fine for me: it translates main page and topics...

See an example here:
https://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?topic=13199.0
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 08, 2021, 04:23:09 PM
Jsx,

I'll respond to your pm here... please do not mail me with support questions. That's what this forum is for...

Quote from: jsx on January 04, 2021, 01:15:59 PM
Do you remember how you helped me with Google Translate?

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=27642.msg4076130#msg4076130

This translator from this code only translates the main page of the forum, but when I enter a topic, the translation doesn't work there anymore.

Do you know what could be the reason why the translator is not translating the content of the post?

When I had this modification installed on the forum, Google Translate translated the contents of the posts.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3213

The code I provided works fine for me: it translates main page and topics...

See an example here:
https://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?topic=13199.0

You'll need that block running on all pages that you want it to translate.  Think that's the issue here.

jsx

Quote from: lurkalot on January 09, 2021, 02:54:27 AM
You'll need that block running on all pages that you want it to translate.  Think that's the issue here.

In the block with the Google Translate code I have this function turned on: Display on all pages and sections and Display on all boards

Unfortunately, the translator only works on the home page of the portal.

lurkalot

Quote from: jsx on January 09, 2021, 03:24:14 AM
Quote from: lurkalot on January 09, 2021, 02:54:27 AM

In the block with the Google Translate code I have this function turned on: Display on all pages and sections and Display on all boards

Unfortunately, the translator only works on the home page of the portal.

I only see the translate block showing on your front page.  Open the other ones up to guests.

@rjen

Difficult to see without a link to the actual forum

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 09, 2021, 05:01:06 AM
Difficult to see without a link to the actual forum

Yep.  jsx PM'd me the link at my request a few posts back.  I see he has the translate code running in a side panel on the front page only, and no panels displayed in the forum, so not code running there.   I can only suggest leaving that code on the front page in the side panel and add it again to a bottom block and have that display only on the other pages such as forum and articles etc.  That should work just fine like that.  I have it set up like this on guitaristguild.com

jsx

@lurkalot

Can you show me settings screen of this bottom panel? I think that I choose the wrong settings.

lurkalot

Quote from: jsx on January 09, 2021, 11:08:14 AM
@lurkalot

Can you show me settings screen of this bottom panel? I think that I choose the wrong settings.

The bottom panel settings are as the first pic. 

And the block settings I'm using are in the next two images.

jsx

@lurkalot

Thank you for your help. :)

Sir Osis of Liver

TP 2.0.0 will not install in 2.0.17 -

Unknown column 'var5' in 'field list'
File: /home/thefanta/public_html/attic/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 1156
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

tinoest

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 10, 2021, 09:27:27 PM
TP 2.0.0 will not install in 2.0.17 -

Unknown column 'var5' in 'field list'
File: /home/thefanta/public_html/attic/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 1156

What version of TinyPortal was previously installed?

Sir Osis of Liver

Only seeing TP 2.0.0 in old install.  This was a damaged forum, may have been an earlier version, but no way to know.

- R. Waters

tinoest

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 10, 2021, 10:03:13 PM
Only seeing TP 2.0.0 in old install.  This was a damaged forum, may have been an earlier version, but no way to know.

You need to be on at least 1.6.0 to upgrade to 2.0.0. You'll probably have to roll back the database to sort it. Or add the var5 column to the tp_blocks table which is missing. Then update to 2.0.0

Sir Osis of Liver

Not trying to upgrade.  It's a clean 2.0.17 install, this is initial TP install.  We're running a 30 Nov database, later dumps were trashed.  There are TP tables in db, I'll drop them and retry install.

That worked, thanks.

- R. Waters

@rjen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 10, 2021, 10:20:54 PM
Not trying to upgrade.  It's a clean 2.0.17 install, this is initial TP install.  We're running a 30 Nov database, later dumps were trashed.  There are TP tables in db, I'll drop them and retry install.

That worked, thanks.

Good that it is fixed now.

Just for the record: the tp-blocks-var5 column was introduced in TP version 1.4R, so if you are coming from an earlier version that may be the issue.

@rjen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 10, 2021, 10:03:13 PM
This was a damaged forum, may have been an earlier version, but no way to know.

There is a way to know by checking the database tables and the TinyPortal version stored there.

Either check the tp-settings table for the variable stored in 'settings' or check the tp-modules table for the module version. The latter option may be of use in older versions of TP (since the tp-modules table is removed in newer versions)

Advertisement: