News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

Tinyportal is very nice, simple to use, and easy to integrate perfectly with SMF. It doesn't however have many modules yet, so if you use many of Joomla's modules you will probably lose many of them if you switch.

However you're very welcome to make new modules/mods for smf if you do wish to make the switch!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Rain501

Quote from: kai920 on January 01, 2006, 02:41:23 AM
Hey guys,

recently discovered "Tinyportal". looks great.

my site is currently running Joomla! (www.kaitech.hk) but I've discovered that my site revolves around the forum, which of course runs SMF. just wondering what the adv/disadv's are of Joomla vs Tinyportal, and if anyone has made this switch recently.

Thanks

I'm running SMF w/ TP and Joomla together :)

I'm keeping my Joomla pages as my main site, with the various content cats & pages with TP sitting on my forums. I've modified the index template file so that it disables the main TP page, but then you can still use the blocks aroud the forum to add links to the main site and other custom content, i.e. I have a gaming site, and use the blocks to link through to specific competitions from the forums. It makes linking the two sides of my site much easier to access and makes the site feel more 'whole' if you get what I'm on about :D

kai920

Rain, do you mind posting (or PM to me) the link of your site so I can see it in action?

thanks!

kai920

Rain, just went on your xbox360 site... looks great!  I definitely see what you mean by running Joomla & TP together.

This may be the way I want to go with my site. Everyone just comes for SMF anyway!  8)

(Find that it's somewhat hard & pointless to put posts into Joomla)

TuXie

where we can download it? ;)

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

TuXie

i find it. it's excellent. we can merge smf and tp. it's name will be SMP(Simple Machines Portal). :D

Dannii

hartiberlin

Hi,
I can not register at the tinyportal.net site.
I wanted to download tinyportal,
but it does not let me register there..
Does anybody else also have this problem ?
Thanks.

elpvn

Try delete your internet cookies (remind that the cookies must be enable before access BlocZone) and register again by this link

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=register

If have any problem please report here or PM to me  ;D
If tomorow comes ...
Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country

SMF 1.1RC2 + TP0.86,  The Hell Light theme (v1.0 beta)  by elpvn

gerrymore

Quote from: hartiberlin on May 25, 2006, 09:14:46 PM
Hi,
I can not register at the tinyportal.net site.
I wanted to download tinyportal,
but it does not let me register there..
Does anybody else also have this problem ?
Thanks.

Tiny Portal is having some problems at the moment. The server went down yesterday [25th May], and the problems have been since then. The site will be back to normal when Bloc has Internet Access again [he is moving house at the moment].

All I can suggest is keep trying, but delete any old cookies for www.tinyportal.net each time.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

StormLrd

Site seems mostly back up, ive had none of the problems I had yesterday on it. Although its been very quiet around there lol.

moviespot

it's show me blank on the control panel .. no options under tiny portal

please , let me know how i can show options  :-\
Thanks and regards

gerrymore

www.tinyportal.net is now working again. There was an error because of an upgrade by the hosts. The host has now fixed the problem.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

cardude

Quote from: 8218 on March 20, 2005, 05:17:04 PM
when i run install file i get:

Tiny Portal v0.5beta
Checking if TinyPortal tables exists....
Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 18

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 18

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 20

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 20

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 21

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 21

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 22

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 22

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 23

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 23

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 24

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 24

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 25

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 25

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 26

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 26

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 27

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 27

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 28

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 28

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 29

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 29

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 30

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 30

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 31

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 31

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 32

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 32

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 33

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 33

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 34

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 34

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 35

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 35

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 36

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 36

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 38

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 38

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 41

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 41

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 42

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 42

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 43

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 43

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 51

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 51

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 69

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 69

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 71

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 71

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 72

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 72

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 73

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 73

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 74

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 74

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 75

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 75

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 76

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 76

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 84

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 84

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 97

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 97

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 99

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 99

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 100

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 100

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 101

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 101

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 102

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 102

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 103

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 103

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 104

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 104

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 109

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 109

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 129

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 129

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'www-data@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 131

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /web/www/frac/users/d2shop/tp_install.php on line 131

All done.

TinyPortal is installed.

I am getting all of these errors too?  It doesn't use my MySQL password, but I don't know how to fix it.  The thing never even asked me for my password.

My site - hxxp:trooptool.uni.cc/forum/tp_install.php [nonactive]

bloc

Thats an very old TP install file..the 0.5beta. You better off using v 0.9.5, which is out now.

About password..it doesn't ask because it collects it from your SMF installation.

URPG

Yeah, but the Themes need upgrading, right now it's only running on two or 3 themes unless you know how to upgrade them yourself :( but even 0.85 would be better then 0.5 i guess... lol

Helvetii

How make shoutbox work without use (inframe) ???

bloc

It will only work inside TP - that means inside a block or as a another page in TP: index.php?action=tpmod;sa=shoutbox

brianjw

Quote from: Brian Wilson's Activities Forum

Go to http://www.brianjwilson.com/forum
I have tiny portal installed and you can see this as a demo of TinyPortal.
8) I LOVE TP ;D

Advertisement: