ed2k links support

Started by Mindstorm, February 12, 2005, 04:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

I have installed this mod in my SMF FORUM 1.1.1. but the emule icon doesn''t appear in the BCC Code. Can anyone tell me please what can I do to enable that option as i need this mod very bad in my forum. Thank you very much

P.s. Or is there another way to post an ed2k link without the emule icon appearing in the BCC Code?

babjusi

Finally I was able to figure it out how this mod works. It was very simple, but I just didn''t think about it. All you could do was just copy and paste the ed2k link and post it as a normal post. The link will appear with the emule icon

Mindstorm

Quote from: allumius on January 09, 2007, 04:53:07 AM
thanks
And.... It is possible to add a button like them of insert youtube, insert flash, insert images.......
I'm glad you find the mod useful. It would certainly be possible to add a button to the bcc table, it just wouldn't make sense as this doesn't involve any bcc code. It just changes the link handling feature of smf to also allow ed2k links.

Quote from: allumius on January 09, 2007, 04:53:07 AM
And Is it possible to post the elink so that the name appears and the elink remains secret? In the same way as it happens with the url-link in this example:

QuoteSIMPLEMACHINES
You just have to paste an ed2k link as html. For instance:

<a href="ed2k://|file|test.test|712387712|7ADF882123231ABA285X38E70BF|h=GBASVUX5773PSNAXLKQG5KHVVWHSHS7K|/">Test link</a>

(This link is invalid, it's just meant as a demo)

Quote from: babjusi on January 16, 2007, 02:08:54 AM
Finally I was able to figure it out how this mod works. It was very simple, but I just didn''t think about it. All you could do was just copy and paste the ed2k link and post it as a normal post. The link will appear with the emule icon
Yes, it's just that simple! :)

vladimir - sv

Hi, first thanks for the mod/improvement!.

Well, I have a question (maybe a bug report), when you add two consecutive links, like:

ed2k://|file|test.test|712387712|7ADF882123231ABA285X38E70BF|h=GBASVUX5773PSNAXLKQG5KHVVWHSHS7K|
ed2k://|file|test.test|712387712|7ADF882123231ABA285X38E70BF|h=GBASVUX5773PSNAXLKQG5KHVVWHSHS7K|

The first link will get the emule icon, but the second will not  :(.

Can something be done to improve/fix this?.

Thanks in advance. ;D

EleCMaNn

This mod not work for 1.1.2 ?  :'(
La Respuesta no esta en la Caja, Si no en la Banda

Mindstorm

Quote from: vladimir - sv on January 24, 2007, 10:26:38 PM
Can something be done to improve/fix this?.

I'll take a look at it.

Quote from: EleCMaNn on February 12, 2007, 11:41:02 PM
This mod not work for 1.1.2 ?  :'(

It will in a few minutes.

Mindstorm

Ok, I just submitted an updated version. As stated in the description this was NOT tested. The changes are of course minimal, but there can always be a problem. If the mod doesn't install or work, please send me a PM and I'll fix it ASAP.

NaViTo

Thanks Mindstorm!! This is just what I looking for.

I will try on my SMF 1.1.2 and tell you if it works correctly.

Salu2

Atlan[gedc]

thanks for the ed2k link support.
still it seems one bug is still left, maybe an SMF error.
if for whatever reason someone posts ed2k links inside code tags, only the first link is shown as plain text all others are parsed by your mod. 
i mean, shouldn't the code tag prevent any parsing inside its tags ?

tFF

Mindstorm, thanks a lot for the mod, but i've just published another one based on your idea of rendering ed2k links and on your regexp to parse them. I had rewritten it from scratch since I had to implement some features i need.

Thanks again. Nice job.

PS If you would like to match your mod with mine and support it I would appreciate since I have no much time for maintenance. So, if you are then just let me know and keep me informed of any further support events. Thank you.
So it goes...

lumiden

Hope your mod works tFF, it would be very useful... but it hasn't been approved yet. Would it be to much to ask you to send it to my email?

Just a few questions... Is it necessary to uninstall the old ed2k mod? Does it add an icon in reply mod, so you don't need to know the code?

Thx again!

EDIT: Great MOD tFF. Good job!

Deleted e-mail as per request - Iris.

mercon

Quote from: pulpi on May 03, 2006, 11:29:28 AM
Works great in rc1.1, but can be possibl eto view the file size? and only the ed2k protocol?, like:

ed2k://|file|slackware-10.2-install-DVD.iso|2728298496|A5728E1226522E408AF04CD420E0FAAF|/

Converted to:

slackware-10.2-install-DVD.iso (2.54Gb)

Tnx!

Mindstorm,

The information file size is very important for users. Do you can put this feature in the mod in the next version?
hxxp:www.joomlapt.com [nonactive]

hxxp:mercon-na.net [nonactive]

wizer

how to parsed magnet link magnet:?xt=urn:tree:tiger:3IOMMQTZCRKY72OUMQO2OCEYEGHFVGSY4XGEEQQ&xl=373608448&dn=Lost.S03E19.rus.LostFilm.TV.avi

Mindstorm

Quote from: mercon on April 25, 2007, 11:55:53 AM
The information file size is very important for users. Do you can put this feature in the mod in the next version?

Ok, it's got file size now. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to display it in a easily human readable format (GB, MB, KB, etc.), it always displays in bytes. I placed a function human_size on Subs.php, if anyone can tell me what's wrong with it I'd appreciate it.

Mindstorm

Quote from: wizer on May 03, 2007, 04:33:33 PM
how to parsed magnet link magnet:?xt=urn:tree:tiger:3IOMMQTZCRKY72OUMQO2OCEYEGHFVGSY4XGEEQQ&xl=373608448&dn=Lost.S03E19.rus.LostFilm.TV.avi

I'm not even sure what a magnet link is, but this mod is only meant for ed2k links, sorry!

FragaCampos

Hello there.
Thank you very much for this mod.

I would like to ask you something: is it possible to hide the ed2k from guests? If so, how?

Mindstorm

There is currently no support for what you're asking, and since my time is very limited and I'm trying to keep this mod to a bare minimum I don't think there will ever be.

There are other mods which allow you to hide certain parts of the post from guests (e.g. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=228 ). You can use them together, or, if you can work with php, you might try merging them so that every ed2k link is treated as a hidden part.

FragaCampos

There is a mode which hides images from guests. Would it be posible to edit the php file so that it hides ed2k tags instead of img?

Ahriman

My english is very bad, but i can say: THANKS  :D

allumius

I have this error

if Enable URL filters is not active, the ed2k mod work, but if the Enable URL filters is active, ed2k not work. look the examples

whitout:

with:

Advertisement: