News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

1.1.11 and 1.1.9 database still there? error in your SQL syntax - Smilies

Started by shin111, January 16, 2010, 10:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin111

I use webhostingpad with its automatic install of SMF, which it did, and then saw the upgrade link since the version was out of date, and clicked it, and it claimed to install successfully.

However when installing some new smilies I got the error:

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2
File: /home/saintswo/public_html/forums/Sources/ManageSmileys.php
Line: 657

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.11, while your database is at version 1.1.9. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Where is the upgrade php? What do I do?

I was just trying to install a new smilie, and choosing it in 'Modify Smilie' when I clicked 'save changes' this came up.

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

MrPhil

Search this forum for LENGTH(code) DESC and you will see how to fix that code glitch.

You don't have to upgrade a 1.1.9 database to 1.1.11 (I don't think there are any changes to the database), but it does no harm to get rid of those annoying messages by running the database upgrade.php.

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Arantor

Quote from: MrPhil on January 17, 2010, 01:26:49 PM
Search this forum for LENGTH(code) DESC and you will see how to fix that code glitch.

You don't have to upgrade a 1.1.9 database to 1.1.11 (I don't think there are any changes to the database), but it does no harm to get rid of those annoying messages by running the database upgrade.php.

Confirmed, there are no database changes to the schema since 1.1.9.

I'm not even sure it does actually update the DB version if you use the upgrader (could be wrong).

Advertisement: