Ignore User: a few issues

Started by Beleth, November 26, 2008, 01:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beleth

Hi -

We're moving from SMF 1.1.7 to 2.0b4.  1.1.7 had the "modbreak" mod and emailing password requests to members disabled, but those were the only mods.  2.0b4 is straight out of the box.

I created a "Global Moderator" membergroup in 2.0b4 because the only membersgroups out of the box were Administrator, Moderator, and Forum User.  Global Moderator has every general permission checked EXCEPT:
- Administrate forum and database
- Manage and assign membergroups
- Send a forum email to members
- Delete their own account

Specifically, it has everything in "Moderate the entire forum", including "Moderate forum members", checked.

When I log on as a regular Forum User and add people to his Ignore list (Profile -> Personal Messaging -> Ignorelist), I see the following behavior:

- Posts by Forum Users in the Ignore list are replaced by the message "You are ignoring this user. Show me the post."  This is good.

- Those same ignored-user posts are displayed briefly before the "ignoring this user" message replaces it.  This is suboptimal; the ignore message should take precedence, if possible.  (Sorry if this has been brought up before.)

- Signatures of ignored people still show up.  This isn't good either.

- Administrators and Moderators can be successfully ignored.  This is a show-stopper for me.  Is this a feature, a bug, or am I just not configured correctly yet?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Beleth

Is there more information I can provide to help track down the ignore-moderator issue?  I have a bunch of outspoken people on my board, and I really don't want to go live (or stay live for long) knowing that they can successfully ignore moderator posts.

Oldiesmann

Themes/default/Display.template.php

Find
if (in_array($message['member']['id'], $context['user']['ignoreusers']))

Replace
if (in_array($message['member']['id'], $context['user']['ignoreusers']) && !in_array($message['member']['group_id'], array(1, 2, 3)))

That will cover admins, global mods and local mods.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Beleth

Thank you, Oldiesmann!  That worked!

There were a few other membergroups that I wanted to be unignorable too, so I just added their Id numbers to the array(1, 2, 3) list at the end.

Advertisement: